Neo Geo For A Complete Beginner

Haze

Still Fresh
Before my GP2X arrives I have been reading up on this and that so I will know what I’m doing when I take it out of the box.

While DrMD and squidgesness seems to be fairly straightforward gngeo is proving more complicated. If someone could talk be true the installation process that would be great. For instance I’m not sure if I should place bios in the given folder before or after I copy over to the GP2x or what BIOS I should even use. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Haze posted on Jul 6 2006 at 04:42 PM said:
Before my GP2X arrives I have been reading up on this and that so I will know what I’m doing when I take it out of the box.

While DrMD and squidgesness seems to be fairly straightforward gngeo is proving more complicated. If someone could talk be true the installation process that would be great. For instance I’m not sure if I should place bios in the given folder before or after I copy over to the GP2x or what BIOS I should even use. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Download the latest GnGeo2x and the latest Rage2x. Extract GnGeo2x into a folder with the name you want, now extract Rage2x into that folder. When you extract GnGeo2x it will create a 'roms' folder. Get a bios (unibios works perfect for me) and extract it into the roms folder (doesn't matter if you do this on your PC or SD-card). Put a rom in the roms folder, start Rage2x and start playing. You can change the emulator settings within Rage2x, it's really not that complicated.

Edit: lousy typing
Edit 2: lousy brain :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I ask because unibois does not contain the files described, it only has the one.

Haze posted on Jul 7 2006 at 07:39 PM said:
I ask because unibois does not contain the files described, it only has the one.

You'll have to get the other files as well.

Just google for: "Neo-geo bios download" without the quotes and take the fifth link ( a page called rom-world ) and download the file from there. It will contain the right files, I think. After that go download the uni-bios ( http://unibios.free.fr/ ).

Now copy all the files unzipped in your rom folder in the neo-geo folder.

Then start up Rage2x and change the settings to use uni-bios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back