Neo Geo Emulator

paul3100

Neo Geo

Just found a nice neo geo emulator at file archive (link above and below), Author: Pepone (Caanoo port: ikari)

Neo Geo

Is there a way to compress the neo geo roms ? i ask because i have over 4 gigs of games and can't really afford all that space on my sd card!

paul3100

paul3100 said:
Neo Geo

Just found a nice neo geo emulator at file archive (link above and below), Author: Pepone (Caanoo port: ikari)

Neo Geo

Is there a way to compress the neo geo roms ? i ask because i have over 4 gigs of games and can't really afford all that space on my sd card!

paul3100
i've tested some zipped roms and they work.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys anyone having problems with bios files?

When i start the emulator up it comes up with missing files info in red then asks to press any button to exit! iv tried placing mame/neo geo files into the roms folder along with the game roms but its not working....

paul3100

EDIT, sorted it out seems the neogeo rom was incorrectly named lol

Neo Geo Emulator.. hell YES! *punching the air*

No time right now but can't wait to try this one later! Hope it runs nice and fast.

This is very good,. no need to unzip the roms as someone said at OpenHandhelds. Is there any selector to only show roms that are installed? and the emu dies when quiting a rom instead of going back to the menu,. or am I doing somthing wrong?? Anyway a great emulator for shooters.

Edit- found the settings in the config file to fix both issues,. sweet!

jph_iterationGAMES said:
This is very good,. no need to unzip the roms as someone said at OpenHandhelds. Is there any selector to only show roms that are installed? and the emu dies when quiting a rom instead of going back to the menu,. or am I doing somthing wrong?? Anyway a great emulator for shooters.

Edit- found the settings in the config file to fix both issues,. sweet!

Had anybody success in giving the emu an alternate rom path, I tried to point the emulator to my mame4all rom path, but had no success, whenever I changed the cfg file, the emulator ignored it.

Works really well, played 3 Count Bout, Fatal Fury and Metal Slug last night without any problems at all. The analog stick's turned out to be very good. Thanks for the port :)

I haven't tried alternate ROM paths, but then I'm not really one for organisation - I stuck everything in with the BIOS files.

does anyone know why i keep getting "unknown or unsupported romset" error? How can i fix this?

EDIT::: well, i figured it out but i cant get datutil to work, so i cant convert the gngeo.dat to a .rdt file, does anyone have the gngeo.rdt file available? It would be much appreciated! :)

jph_iterationGAMES said:
Is there any selector to only show roms that are installed?

Seconded, scrolling through a bajillion games I don't have is kind of annoying!

Jengo, How did you fix the "unknown or unsupported romset" error? I have the same problem and have been unable to fix it.

the only way to fix it is by checking the names of the roms with the romset data using romcenter. The included romset data is currently in .dat form, im trying to see if someone can use datutil to convert the rage2x.dat file into a .rdt (romcenter file) for me so i can use romcenter to fix the names.

if someone else knows how to fix this problem i would really love to know!

you can see my other thread here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57137-gngeo-help-please/

Jengo said:
the only way to fix it is by checking the names of the roms with the romset data using romcenter. The included romset data is currently in .dat form, im trying to see if someone can use datutil to convert the rage2x.dat file into a .rdt (romcenter file) for me so i can use romcenter to fix the names.

if someone else knows how to fix this problem i would really love to know!

you can see my other thread here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57137-gngeo-help-please/

I gave up to rename the roms by myself and downloaded the ROM Pack for Gngeo here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56897-requesting-help-with-neo-geo-on-the-gp2x-wiz/page__view__findpost__p__920684
It works great now.

Jengo said:
Nice find!! :)

Am downloading right now ;)

Remember to use the roms only.
Coz the gngeo included is for wiz.

Back