Need Help With Video Conversion

ninjawiz2x

Still Fresh
I want to convert my AVI and other video files to the highest quality possible on the Wiz .

According to the wiki this is the max :

# Maximum Resolution: 640*480
# Maximum Frame Rate: 30 frame/s
# Maximum Video Bitrate: 2500kbit/s
# Maximum Audio Bitrate: 384kbit/s

On SUPER video converter I tried the following but this always happens , the video is partially or not converted at all and destroys the original file :( , any other free converters that can do the job ? Or the proper settings to use on SUPER video converter ?

ninjawiz2x posted on May 27 2009 at 04:19 PM said:
I want to convert my AVI and other video files to the highest quality possible on the Wiz .

According to the wiki this is the max :

# Maximum Resolution: 640*480
# Maximum Frame Rate: 30 frame/s
# Maximum Video Bitrate: 2500kbit/s
# Maximum Audio Bitrate: 384kbit/s

On SUPER video converter I tried the following but this always happens , the video is partially or not converted at all and destroys the original file :( , any other free converters that can do the job ? Or the proper settings to use on SUPER video converter ?
I've used AVS Video Converter 6 with the following:

Res: 320 x 240
Frame Rate: 30
Video Bitrate: 4500
Audio Bitrate: 192

and it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
ninjawiz2x posted on May 28 2009 at 12:43 AM said:
what about 640*480 ? wouldnt bigger resolution mean better picture quality?
The Wiz only got a 320x240 display....

I specifically wrote on the Wiki that anything above 320*240 was a waste resolution-wise. This is the problems with wikis sometimes :(.

Edit: Where on the Wiki did you read that 640*480 was a resolution to use as the only bit I know about on there pertaining to video conversion is here.

Furthermore, you don't need a high bitrate for files like this. I have been using 512kbps and that has been acceptable. I certainly wouldn't really ever go over 768-1024kbps.

Those are the settings and formats the Wiz supports and not necessarily the best settings. The Wiz Wiki is the thing to use for Wiz related information as the Wikipedia article is hardly as likely to be accurate.

Peter R posted on May 28 2009 at 11:13 AM said:
Those are the settings and formats the Wiz supports and not necessarily the best settings. The Wiz Wiki is the thing to use for Wiz related information as the Wikipedia article is hardly as likely to be accurate.
Is this the root page of the Wiz Wiki: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page

?

If so, I can't find anything that specifies video settings, though I may be missing it.

Thanks.

Promised Planet posted on May 28 2009 at 03:25 PM said:

?

If so, I can't find anything that specifies video settings, though I may be missing it.

Thanks.
Going over 320x240 won't look good on the wiz's screen anyway, the squishing it does on the fly of the video makes it look terrible, with weird jagged edges and such sometimes. Converting down to 320x240 divx/xvid is your best bet. 320KBPS looks good for cartoons and such, and 512KBPS looks decent for movies or TV shows or whatever. Anything else is just overkill for such a small device. =P

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 28 2009 at 05:02 PM said:
Promised Planet posted on May 28 2009 at 03:25 PM said:

?

Thanks.
Going over 320x240 won't look good on the wiz's screen anyway, the squishing it does on the fly of the video makes it look terrible, with weird jagged edges and such sometimes. Converting down to 320x240 divx/xvid is your best bet. 320KBPS looks good for cartoons and such, and 512KBPS looks decent for movies or TV shows or whatever. Anything else is just overkill for such a small device. =P
Yeah, I converted the video I mentioned earlier with 512 kbps and it looks fine. Smaller than the original, too. :)

Back