Need Help With Qtopia

protecteur

Still Fresh
Hi! I just got my new gp2x. I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial on how to install Qtopia ( I never used linuxe before and I am not to good with computer). Can it be installed without wifi. I just want it for the PDF Viewer, ToDo List, calander, ZBEDic calculator, and Text Editor. I dont need the internet browsing part of it. Also where can i get the latest version of it. thanks in advance for your help its greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Protecteur :p

Qtopia - you just copy everything to somewhere on your card, and run whatever .gpe file is included. I remember I ran it a while ago, and there wasn't a specific installation process. I remember it ran a bit slow though, at least it took a lot of time to load different apps.

Just remember that right after it's "booted up" and gets into the graphical interface it'll seem like it's hung or crashed: just wait about a minute or two and the mouse pointer will FINALLY start to move!

It will work with a USB mouse, I used a Targus Mini-Mouse for a laptop. USB keyboards didn't work for me, every key made a string of weird characters.

It is pretty cool, I just wish it was native, instead of an image to run.

Back