Need Help With Fw3 Rip...

moose

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm a noob 2 the forums, but have been a fan/owner of GP32 & 2x.

I have had my 2x for about a year now and I've never had a prob b4, but recently I installed FW3.0 rip (following readme) and everything went sweet, I rebooted my 2x and eventually it came too the main menu. Problem is that I can't access my SD cards and Nand no more.

I have 4 Sd's that r all different sizes/manufacture's and never b4 had any probs with compatibility, I would revert back too v2.1.1 but no sd access. can anyone help me please, I'm getting very frustrated and want to play cps2 w/menu .

Anyways, keep up the fantasting work guys, GPH would be nothing without ya's. :D

I had that problem. so i downgraded to 2.1.1 which also didnt work so i downgraded to good ol 2.0 and everything worked for me again :D

my sd i used are 1gb intergal
128 mb kingston (for installing F/w)

when you installed 2.0 did it go through the standard upgrade patching and formating etc.

No, It just booted 2 F/W3 Menu just as it would when normal bootup is done.

I copied all files for v2.0.0 to all SD-Cards, then proceeded to flash by holding start+select. Nowt.

Starting to get worried now, life's not the same without my 2x.

My SD's R (Never B4 had compatability issues, even from F/W v1.0)

1GB - (M) MultiMediaCard associations
1GB - Dane-Elec
2GB - SanDisk
4GB - A-Data (150x)

I upgraded to fw3 today and I had the same problem, but thankfully it would still let me downgrade to 2.0.0. (then up to 2.1.0 - 2.1.1 also didn't read any cards).
When I upgraded I didn't use the *boot.img file, did you use that? if so when you try downgrading do you use the 2.0.0 one? just curious.
I read that was the risky one to update, so I stayed well clear of it, but it may be important for you.

I've just managed to get hold of a 1GB Corsair SD, formatted it FAT32 (Full) and tried V2.0.0 again, and its
working (Now back to defaults :lol: )

So in the end it was a compatability prob....

I think there should be a public warning about FW-v3 (Sucks moron ass), and wot was with the loading times,
and the frontend dont even look that great.

Thanx for the help, much appreciated.

btw,I may try leaving out boot.img one day as ive read a few errors about this....

I upgraded to fw3 today and I had the same problem, but thankfully it would still let me downgrade to 2.0.0. (then up to 2.1.0 - 2.1.1 also didn't read any cards).
When I upgraded I didn't use the *boot.img file, did you use that? if so when you try downgrading do you use the 2.0.0 one? just curious.
I read that was the risky one to update, so I stayed well clear of it, but it may be important for you.

i used the boot.img like you suggested it worked for me. i installed from a clean card (just f/w 2.0 on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back