Need Help With Emulator For Genesis

FatalFart

Still Fresh
I cant seem to find a working Genesis emulator for the GP2X...well, i have found 2, one makes a black screen when it tries to load...the other loads, but it cant "SaveState"(and i really need savestates :unsure: ) Errm...some info?

I have recently purchased a Gp2x
Model GP2X - F200
It has firmware v4.0

Please help...

FatalFart said:
I cant seem to find a working Genesis emulator for the GP2X...well, i have found 2, one makes a black screen when it tries to load...the other loads, but it cant "SaveState"(and i really need savestates :unsure: ) Errm...some info?

I have recently purchased a Gp2x
Model GP2X - F200
It has firmware v4.0
Please help...

PICODRIVE and DRMD. Both are absolutely great and both have save states. I prefer Picodrive because it's faster and I can turn the clock way down to make the batteries last longer. Some games work fine all the way down to 150, almost all run fine at 166. If they are the ones that aren't working, I suggest you change your batteries.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Pico? i will try it

EDIT: Save Failed....thats what it said when i savestated....:(

FF -- I just loaded Aero the Acro-Bat 1 and 2 through Pico and while in game, clicked on the upper left push button and it said saved game.... then I reloaded the game and clicked on the right push button and the game loaded.. give it a shot... worked for me ...

FatalFart said:
Pico? i will try it

Are you the latest PicoDrive? 1.35

Do you have sufficient free space in your SD card?

Is the write protect switch on the SD card on the unlock position?

The save states in picodrive is easy, while you are playing game press select on gp2x it will take you back to picodrive v1.35 screen highlight and select save state by pressing b, it will save the current game.

Manjuu said:
FatalFart said:
Pico? i will try it

Are you the latest PicoDrive? 1.35

Do you have sufficient free space in your SD card?

Is the write protect switch on the SD card on the unlock position?

Yes i am using PicoDrive 1.35
There is DEFINATLY enought space in my SD card
Oh, i never knew there was a lock switch...it was on lock..i switched it, tried savestating, didnt work again :( it says Save failed in the bottom corner

FatalFart said:
[Yes i am using PicoDrive 1.35
There is DEFINATLY enought space in my SD card
Oh, i never knew there was a lock switch...it was on lock..i switched it, tried savestating, didnt work again :( it says Save failed in the bottom corner
Hmm... Sorry, I'm out of ideas at the moment. :( Among the few I can think of is to redownload & recopy the emulator, or if you might have changed some settings.

I got mine (F-200) to work, so there is a reason to why it's failing.

Back