NEED Help and advice...!

shah

I wanted to get a smart media reader from EBUYER. The device i want is USB2.0 compatible. Will it work on my PC that has usb 1.1...?

It doies not say if the device supports USB 1.

Thansk.

Shah

Most devices will, although they run slower using USB 1.1

Only devices which really need that speed usually don't work on USB 1.1, but a reader surely doesn't have to be that fast.

Normally, WinXP would just say "You just connected a High Speed USB device to a low speed bus" (or something like that), but never the less it should work.

I read an artical in a magazing recently about 1.1 vs 2.0 connections.
They are both ok with each other, they tested lots of products at various configurations and had no problems. Obviously if something did require the speed of a 2.0 then it might cause problems as previously said...

if you connect a 2.0 to a 1.1 then it reverts to 1.1
obviously

It might be better to ask for some recomendations on the reader/writters, I have a TwinMOS 7-in-1 Card Reader/Writer and im very happy with it. It sets up 4 drives on My Computer with the SMC being the J: drive. Once Ive put the SMC in then I can treat it just like a hard drive, and the LEDs flash to let me know when it is writing. It also came with its own extension cable, which is usfull to me as my USB ports are round the back. It is very compact, and I recently took it round a friends to grab some stuff off his PC. This was fine after I installed the software on his PC. Now I just pop my reader/writter (its connector folds inside to make it pocket friendly) in my pocket and we can share files very easily.
Im very happy with it.

Hi,
I recommend the smc reader from gbax.com. not sure if its 1.1 or 2.0
probly not the cheapest reader, but ive had no problems with it whatsoever
It also comes with a usb extension cable

mccyril

Back