Need Beta Testers For Sterm-0.7.0

canavar

Still Fresh
Website
www.fehmicans.net
hi all,

i need beta testers for the new version of sterm which is now called as termula2x. i currently do not have an f-200 so i couldn't test the touchscreen features on GP2X. termula2x has a project page on sourceforge. you may download the release, report bugs and request features. here is the address:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/termula2x/

i am waiting for your help.

Hi, this is great, having touchscreen support in STerm. I'll be honest and say I don't have the time tonight to follow up on two problems I had, but hopefully will tomorrow night.

The first problem is that the program doesn't seem to re-launch the menu after exiting. I will check via telnet on my F100 tomorrow.

The second problem is I clicked on the far left on CTRL with the stylus and the program exited to a black screen.

Overall it works quite well aside from those two problems. The accuracy of the touchscreen is good enough to choose individual characters most of the time, not always.

One slight problem on the F200 touchscreen is that it is much less accurate within 5 pixels of the border. This means that bottom-row characters are difficult to select. It is still possible, though you have to press a bit hard and have a steady hand.

Anyways, thank you for the update

It is pretty easy to select the characters. I agree with SQ the bottom row characters are slightly more difficult to select, for me not a big issue I can select any character without problems.
Selecting 'home' results in a black screen (using Gmenu2X), using 'EXI' does work and exits Sterm.

Touchscreen Termula2X definitely makes typing easier and faster than Sterm. Great job for making the first touch screen keyboard for GP2X!

Would be a nice addition to be able to copy/paste filenames.

Thanks, it is a solid release that replaces my old 0.6 version.

Back