Navigation For Pandora

Open up the hardware manager, select your holux device, choose resources, set it to a different com port.
Alternatively, since it's bluetooth, your bluetooth discovery software should be able to set it differently.

WizardStan said:
Open up the hardware manager, select your holux device, choose resources, set it to a different com port.
Alternatively, since it's bluetooth, your bluetooth discovery software should be able to set it differently.
wow. i tried and windows says all com ports within 3 to 39 are all in use.
how can i clean up this without breaking something?

edit: oh well i thought fuck windows. just overwrited com port 8 and nothing went wrong. google earth automaticly got my position and showed it. It was fairly accurate, in the middle of my bedroom with many walls surrounded and only a small window wirth curtains closed.
It showed about 5~10 meters away from my position. and it got my position in about....1 second :)

for 45 dollar i guess its a good buy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
What we will try to do in regards to GPS bluetooth/usb is test and recommend certain software and hardware which we know works on the Pandora.

It might take a few weeks/months but we should be able to get a sticky on here and a page on the website which links people to exactly what they need to do XYZ. I really like the idea of opening up the Pandora past what people expect (emus, games, web) to new areas.

Now we are just waiting for the first MP cases this is getting very exciting.
offtopic: ---found the thread yay---
yay is this still true?
recommend me some, navit aint working on windows, and never heard anyone trying navit on pandora yet.

What would be cool is software that records how fast you are travelling when cycling (via the GPS) and in real-time calculates an estimate of calories burned. I believe there is software like this for Windows, but that of course requires a GPS device that can save data for later. Not necessary with the Pandora.

Mantis said:
What would be cool is software that records how fast you are travelling when cycling (via the GPS) and in real-time calculates an estimate of calories burned. I believe there is software like this for Windows, but that of course requires a GPS device that can save data for later. Not necessary with the Pandora.

Hmm, that doesn't take into account the elevations though, right? GPS elevation data seems nonexistant on many chipsets and on others it's often incorrect.

Anyway, I'm working on a Pandora GPS navigation app, if you send me a PM with some info on the algorithm to calculate the calories I'd be happy to whip up a separate app for this.

Also do you have a Pandora yet?

BUMP

Has anyone with a Pandora tried to get Navit to work?

Or something with directions like mapquest but offline?

I wont be getting a GPS device, however, I would like to be able to get directions from this address to that address while offline, with a map view. Between this and wikipedia offline, I will finally be able to get my Hitchhikers Pandora to the Earth!

- trix

Back