Nand Access Led

mvickers03

Is there an easy way to get the LED to blink on NAND access? its handy for seeing if the double tap registered when opening stuff, with out it its easy to open multiple times

Cool! I wish I knew how, what is involved in doing it? something in the kernal?

Where are you roughly on the list chap?

Of course, an led is less noisy too :).

Thinking about it, I'd love a caps lock indicator, there's probably some sort of tray tool that does that (along with a CPU clock speed readout).

mvickers03 said:
Cool! I wish I knew how, what is involved in doing it? something in the kernal?

Where are you roughly on the list chap?

Should be fairly simple. Just adjust a few lines in a config file, no kernel magic involved with the LEDS.

I really don't know where I am in the Queue anymore. Fairly close to the front, though maybe in the 120-170 range. Got my order confirmation at: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:19:00 +0100 BST. So it can't be long now.

EDIT: This thread talks about LED software control. I figure it doesn't look hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mqark said:
Of course, an led is less noisy too :) .

It's less noisy but only a bit toh :p The sound they make still gets on my nerves :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just write a quick daemon that uses inotify() to determine if something is being written to the NAND, and blink the LED's from user space .. should be easy enough to do, or even might be something to integrate into whatever-its-called that does the PND insertion auto-detect ..

Back