N64 emulation MIPS32R2 Dynarec

Learn2code your own dynarec.

Besides.. Daedalus is not an N46 emulator. So sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just wondering if any of you l377 dynarec devs out there with spare time/motivation wouldnt mind contributing to creating a MIPS32R2 dynarec branch for Mupen64plus:
Give me at least 1 reason why somebody in this community would want that. Writing/debugging dynarecs is excruciating work, and Ari64's code is extremely difficult to work with (the dynarec itself works really well but the code is more or less unmaintainable).

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just wondering if any of you l377 dynarec devs out there with spare time/motivation wouldnt mind contributing to creating a MIPS32R2 dynarec branch for Mupen64plus:
Give me at least 1 reason why somebody in this community would want that. Writing/debugging dynarecs is excruciating work, and Ari64's code is extremely difficult to work with (the dynarec itself works really well but the code is more or less unmaintainable).
What would make it more "maintainable"?

For us it's not, although there are some known 64bit related bugs that break some games in mupen64plus from what I've heard, so this situation makes it real hard to fix them.

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh with my "complete rewrite", the ideas behind it are all good, but the code needs some heavy restructuring, as it is now it's almost impossible to understand. There is also other problem that recompilation itself is slow, which causes unpleasant slowdowns/stutters when game loads new code, usually when it changes scenes.

For us it's not, although there are some known 64bit related bugs that break some games in mupen64plus from what I've heard, so this situation makes it real hard to fix them.

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh with my "complete rewrite", the ideas behind it are all good, but the code needs some heavy restructuring, as it is now it's almost impossible to understand. There is also other problem that recompilation itself is slow, which causes unpleasant slowdowns/stutters when game loads new code, usually when it changes scenes.
Most things have been fixed lately. There was a few 64bits issues, but last commit fixed them. There is no more issue on the dynarec that I'm aware of (last fixes came from Gillou68310 from mupen64plus-ae team)

Back