Mystery Of The Fday Reveiled

Magus 86 posted on May 15 2005 at 08:49 PM said:
grr.... When will someone fix SNES? I don't care if it's a surprise or not, but SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX SNES BEFORE I GO CRAZY!! AAARGH!!

Why don't you fix Snes??????

I'm just looking forward to what FDay will bring us! And (like all of us, I hope) will be donating to Rylahs paypal account. As much as each can afford, cos guys like him and all the devvers are what makes our GP what it is, and they give what they do free to the world. I'm sure they enjoy doing what they do, and will enjoy the adulation, but still!

Am I the only one here getting fed up of the slightly negative tone of some of the comments here because there isn't a fsnes coming out? There are gonna be 12 emus on fday, some old sure-but some new, some tweaked-all front ended etc! Let's cut the guy some slack and say how happy and grateful we are that there will be an fday!!!! Sure a new snes emu would be nice, but if you want to encourage one of our revered devvers to give the time and energy to it, then we should encourage with our words and give what we can financially!!!

I can't wait for fday! New smcs and all!

PS, I had a word with Boiz, and he doesn't agree with me at all. The words were "You crazy fool"

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with 12 emus instead of 13, F-day will sitll be very amazing! :D
Rlyeh's emu's so far (The 2 week beta's and stuff) Are surprizingly near perfect as it is... 12 emu's of a calibur greater than the beta's we currently are able to use....
All of which emulating some very excellent systems, Which will be a joy to be able to play portably.
Who cares if we dont have very good snes emulation? I dont care too much, as there are currently plenty of other systems emulated on gp32, with thousands of games to choose betwwen what is already emulated, plus the many more that will be available at F-Day... It will be excellent, and i see no reason to bitch about snes emulation when there is so much else to play.... :D

I would absolutely LOVE to fix SNES... but I can't. I know NOTHING of coding. There was a class for coding in... I think it was C++ at my highschool, but they said there "weren't enough people," which is an outright lie, as I knew of at least 5 others who wanted to do it, and there were some classes that consisted of as little as 2 students. So even though I picked it, I got screwed out of it. I'd love to praise him, but I don't even know what most of the emulators are for, and of those that I do know what they're for, I have no interest in(either because I've never heard of or played them, or when I did, I just didn't like them). I only know of a few good gameboy games, most of which I can't get anyway cuz I can't find the roms, as they are "protected by the IDSA." DrMD is perfect, and so is LittleJohn. Other than NES, Genesis, and SNES, I'd like to have Red Alert on my GP32(I know about GPFinal War, and it's just not the same), but I don't know if that's possible or not. even if it is, I wouldn't know how to do it myself. but the thing I want more than anything else is for SNES to be fixed so I can play Seiken Densetsu 3. Like I said before, speed isn't a concern of mine. The current speed is perfectly fine for me, but it's hard to play an RPG when you can't read the text because of the grey bar.

What I really don't understand is why nobody out there seems to even want to think about touching SNES with a 10 foot pole... what's the deal? If I had any coding knowlege at all, I'd try it myself.

I can't wait till Fday if I had lots of money I would probably donate I think Im broke right now and I don't think my parents would give me money to donate :(

can't wait

and I would really like a SNES emu that's fixed

and I want to learn to code too :(

Yeah, that reminds me, I'm kind of broke too, or else I probably would donate to him.

I wasn't complaining. I'm just a little miffed becuase the element of suprise has been destroyed. Then again, the real suprise will be how well the emu's work and etc.

The first two emu's I'll dwnld and try will definatly be fGB and fNGPC. the fGB beta is the most used emu on my gp32 and I want fNGPC so that I can finally get past the first couple missions in Faseli and be able to SAVE!!(otherwise I'd be perfectly happy with ThunderZ's emu). I'm not too exited about the rest of his emu's just because There aren't any SMS games I like that don't work fine on fSMS beta and I'm not really into any other old 8-bit computers other than the c64.

EDIT: I just hopes he changes the saving algorithm that causes the "bug" when you add or remove roms and It deletes the saves

@ Magus 86:
The reason no one really wants to give SNES a shot is because it is VERY hard to emulate due to the many special chips it has. Also, the fact that it has more buttons than the GP doesn't help any. I too though would love to see perfect SNES Emulation.

@ AXNJAXN:
Add one more to the Ryleh for July Dev Clicks List :D

I'm gonna try FNES and FGB first, the two very good consoles that just barely aren't perfect on current emulators. Those other consoles he's emulating I've barely even heard of. Oh and FGEN will be 3rd to try but I don't think it'll be better than DrMD.

I know the SNES has more buttons, but it can still be done. Not every game uses all the buttons, and usually when they do, some perform certain functions that aren't completely necessary... I don't care at all if the emulation is perfect. The speed doesn't matter to me at all. The speed it runs at right now is satisfactory, at least it runs at all, and it's not as slow as PSX would be... I just need that stupid bar to be gone. That's the only thing that is wrong with OSNES9XGP as far as I'm concerned. I realize there are others out there that don't have the bar, but they're all flawed in some way.

Kinda surprised that I seem to be the only person who's got fPCE at the top of their list :eek:

I mean I know GP Engine is good but PCE with saves and a few more options like screen stretching would be sooooooo much better.

I gotta admit I wonder how advanced fGEN has gotten as well. DrMD is fantastic no doubt, but it goes buggy on my favorite Mega Drive game of all time GUNSTAR HEROES!!! Which fGen seems to play perfectly minus the DAC emulation... wonder if Ryleh got DAC in? I know Ryleh and Reesy been 'sharing secrets' as of late.....

If fGB is as good as Evil Dragon says then yeah I guess that will be pretty sweet as there were a few GBC games I really wanted to play that just ran a little too 'off' for my tastes in the current fGB.

Magus 86 posted on May 16 2005 at 07:12 AM said:
What I really don't understand is why nobody out there seems to even want to think about touching SNES with a 10 foot pole... what's the deal? If I had any coding knowlege at all, I'd try it myself.

Well then you'd better start learning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back