Mystery Of The Fday Reveiled

hmmm wondering if I should laugh at the joke or be offended :p

you're right, that's life, and as I said, times like these... life sucks.

But whatever... Moz have you tested fPCE or fMAME? can give us any info???

bast525 posted on May 14 2005 at 05:25 PM said:
can give us any info???

Nope my SMC reader is busted, got a new one on order ho hum B)

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 CPU was used in several home consoles and computers, including the Genesis/Mega Drive and Neo Geo.

No, the 68000 was a chip used in several computers and consoles, however the x68000 was a computer released in Japan prior to the Atari ST and Amiga also using the 68k processor.

shinneri posted on May 14 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
Cool your jets, Bast. At least you have something really good to look forward to now. ;)

that's the problem though, we don't even know if we 'have something really good to look forward to now'. Well okay we have EvilDragon saying how sweet the new fGB is... yay <_<

not a big GB fan myself.... well I guess no one around here has tested fPCE to say how good it is :( Well here's to hope.......

bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 04:53 AM said:
Cool your jets, Bast.  At least you have something really good to look forward to now. ;)

that's the problem though, we don't even know if we 'have something really good to look forward to now'. Well okay we have EvilDragon saying how sweet the new fGB is... yay <_<

not a big GB fan myself.... well I guess no one around here has tested fPCE to say how good it is :( Well here's to hope.......

There has been no beta of fPCE released yet. So no one has it, other than Rlyeh.

Damnit... All I can say is that the 13th emulator better be an SNES one. The best one we have right now is osnes9xgp version 3, but it doesn't work right on a BLU+.

bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 12:53 AM said:
Cool your jets, Bast.  At least you have something really good to look forward to now. ;)

It's rlyeh. When has he not done good work?

I think that we definitely know some great stuff is coming on fday.

Just for you information: There is NO 13th emulator. Rlyeh just counted all his projects and therefore accidentally counted fOGG in.

EvilDragon posted on May 15 2005 at 10:01 AM said:
Just for you information: There is NO 13th emulator. Rlyeh just counted all his projects and therefore accidentally counted fOGG in.

Thank goodness that's cleared up! Now let's just be excited about what we are getting!

:D

Ugh... I TOLD these guys this already... I said to read that interview and posted the link, he clearly included fOGG32 as one of the 13 'emulators'. 12 emu's guys, not 13, and NO FRIGGIN fSNES! he already said he didn't think it was worth pursuing as it ran too slow.

My jets are cool.... just venting. I have high faith in Ryleh and know he does do good work... I guess I'm doubtful only because GP Engine was already so good... again though as long as it at least matches GP Engine for speed/compatibility and has saves I'll be very happy.

good work ED lets put this puppy to rest, create a thread for the whiners to whine about no Fsnes

and the rest of us can beam a smile and wait for "darkness" work to come out.

When the big f-day comes, it's gonna be fNGP and fGB32 that I'll be downloading first.

Heres why:

Halfway decent GBC emulators include the existing fGB32 and GPvGB. I didn't like GPvGB at all because it's interface was crappy and the speed regulation was screwed up. fGB32 had problems too; it had no speed regulation and the menus had some problems with cursor-slide. This new fGB32 should fix all that.

And fNGP or whatever he's calling it? Three words: Card Fighters Clash. Duh.

bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 06:10 AM said:
My jets are cool....
haha. :lol:

Anyway, yeah, it was an honest mistake. So am I to believe that he is releasing fOGG? I never really got in to the OGG format.. I'll have to try it if he releases it.

As for my most wanted emulators... definitely fGB32. I love the current one and use it a lot. Having consistent sound and video will be great! :D I'm also very interested in fNES. LJ is good, but there seem to be quite a few games with little graphical quirks that can get pretty annoying like in Super Mario 3 and the weird scrolling problems. Apparently it's slow, too, but I never notice that.

:angry:
DANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGIT

DANGIT!!!

I was looking foward to a suprise 13th emulator... :(

CRAP! It didn't work! But I stay happy :)

Blah posted on May 15 2005 at 05:09 PM said:
:angry:
DANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDANGIT

DANGIT!!!

I was looking foward to a suprise 13th emulator... :(

CRAP! It didn't work! But I stay happy  :)

Well I guess you will just have to "suffer" with "only" 12 free emulators :rolleyes:

I am just happy that he is updating and completing his emus. Many devs will release a half done buggy "teaser" and then abandon it. Rlyeh should be thanked and even donated to, for what he has done, and is doing.

grr.... When will someone fix SNES? I don't care if it's a surprise or not, but SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX SNES BEFORE I GO CRAZY!! AAARGH!!

Back