My Wiz Review

physalis17

Still Fresh
I got my GP2X Wiz today and I must say I am very pleased with it. It does everything I've wanted to do with a hand held. I had MAME and SNES games up and running in minutes. The games run pretty well. I didn't notice any slowdown aside from the usual emulators I run on my computer. I also can't figure out how to go back to the menu in PocketSNES.

I did notice the diagonal screen tear in Magician Lords but that honestly didn't really bother me. I was tickled pink just to see the Neo Geo boot up screen flash across the screen.

The only other complaint is the D pad is too small imo for fighters. I couldn't pull off the special moves in Saturday Night Slam Masters. But it is perfect for side scrolling beat em ups. Knights of the Round is a blast to play.

Some of my games don't work in the version of Mame I'm using (Mame4All). Would have loved to see the Strikers 1945 games work on it but I know it's early and I will download the newest release as soon as it comes out.

Overall it does exactly what I wanted it to do. Play my favorite games from the past. I am so glad I no longer have to fight asshole companies like Sony over what I can or can't do with my own purchase. I think what Sony does with their firmware is outrageous and I'm glad I took my business elsewhere.

Thank you GPH for making the Wiz. Probably the best purchase I have made.

Back