My screen is so dark... normal?

Pulstar

Website
Visit site
I've got a GP32FLU and the screen seems so dark in games. I usually turn the brightness options all the way up too. The screen seems like there is a blue haze over it too. Is this normal?
I installed an Afterburner in my GBA awhile back, and it came with AR film(anti-reflective film) for the top of the LCD screen, meaning it was between the FLU and the LCD. Does the FLU on the GP32 use one also? If not, has anyone tried to put one in?
Another thing is the bottom edge of the screen has a thin amount of space that seems clearer than the rest of the screen, like you can see the edge of a piece of film of somekind. Is this normal too? :unsure:
Sorry for all the questions. Many thanks.

I think it might be the protective "peel off" plastic they put on the LCD screen during transit. Your supposed to take it off.

damn :(

I'm going to order my 2nd gp32 in about 2-3 days.. a FLU this time.

how much darker exactly??

i think it only darker because the normal screen has the flu screen on top of it....(the flu unit was added to normal non-flu gp32's...i think)
but as i have only ever use a flu gp32 and haven't try to remove the flu screen....i not sure if this is correct.

Having had both, I think the FLU might be a tiny, tiny bit darker without the light on, but the light makes up for it.

I know fully what you mean i get this with my FLU GP.

Some games and some level of some games are unplayable due to the screen being too dark.

I have noticed this on GP Final War demo, Donkey Kong Country (SNES 9x) and some Pc Engine games.

I suppose it is possible that when your light plate was installed, the manufacture made an error and it was installed upside-down. That would result in your screen looking extremely dark and unclear. The light plate bends the light so that it reflects across the entire screen, but if it were installed upside down, it would be reflecting the light in the wrong direction. When I tinkered with my light plate I accidentally placed it back in my GP32 upside-down which resulted in an extremely dark screen. It is just an idea, but I would assume it is possible for a manufacturer to make the same mistake. .

-Luke

Back