Crack On My Flu Screen

Bigjunior

Still Fresh
So I bought a used FLU, and it has a small crack in the upper righthand corner of the screen. I took the grey border off, and it looks to be on the screen directly on top of the LCD. Anyone know if this can be replaced? Also the light isn't working, and I'm assuming this happened when the previous owner tried doing a screen mod. Any suggestions on a course of action, gentlemen?

Sounds like a serious problem... FLU's are not that replaceable. Read this board a lot of owners of a non lit gp32 want to upgrade to a flu but that is just not an option.

You say you have a crack and a light that does not switch on... I would try to solve this problem with the previous owner.... I hope he told you this when you bought the unit.

It could be bad wiring to the flu. If you search this board you could find a picture of the inside of an flu just to check the wires... Broken flu-wires sometimes happen when you open the unit and can easely be fixed....

I assume you don`t mean the plastic outer screen, But the one underneath ?. If it is the outer screen then its quite easy to replace. If it is indeed the one underneath then as the previous post said, It sound quite serious.

As for what to do, Mmmmmm. Depending on how much you paid for it, this will determine whether it is worth repairing or purchasing another (possibly new) GP32.

Trooper

You could ask LikSang, if you seriously want to replace the FLU screen.
I asked them for a BLU replacement (since my BLU screen is damaged), but all they could offer me was a FLU screen for 30 bucks or so...
Of course, you can't return it or have any warrantys on it, as it is not an official replacement part.

Thanks for all your replies.
As far as the questions go... I bought it knowing full well that the FLU light didn't work. He had told me after he did a screen mod that the light didn't work. I presume he pulled some wires for it.
I also knew there was a small crack over the screen (I'm assuming this is the light guide? or whatever it's called), but knowing nothing about the FLUs, thought it could be replaced with a screen mod. I guess not, eh?
The seller fully disclosed these things to me, so I'm not feeling ripped off at all. I was hoping to repair it myself and learn a few things in the process. And there's no real big worries, as I still have my BLU :)
I'd just like to get this FLU fixed up in case I need a backup or :eek: decide to sell it.
Any more ideas fellas? I appreciate all your help!

As long as we're talking about the screen...

My GP32 scared me stiff when I discovered one of the vertical scanlines was suddenly darker than the rest. This looked very odd, and it scared me, I did nothing that would cause the screen to do that.

After playing Giana's Return for a while (great eyecandy, distracted me from the line), I saw on the score tally (where the screen is mostly black... this is where I noticed the line the most) that the line had vanished. The problem corrected itself. Huh? o_O

Does this happen to anyone else, where stuff goes weird, and then corrects itself? This is the oddest thing that's happened to my gp32. I'm just glad the screen is ok now. I was afraid it may have been broken.

Back