My Pandora Bookmark

Middo

Website
www.fillsites.com.au
http://www.fillsites.com.au/pandora/index.html

My small bookmark web page. Is handy when chasing down Pandora info from different PC's or from the Pandora itself from different web browsers.

I made it for myself, but may come in handy for others?

Should be Pandora Web browser friendly and finger friendly also!

Any input is welcome and additional major links also welcome!

Cheers fellow Pandorians!

Middo :)

Already set as default page in firefox on my Pandora. :)
One suggestion though: Is it possible to move the "where to get software and games" to the top?
Thats usually the first sites I check in order to get new stuff for the Pandora, so it would be convenient not having to scroll all the way down. :D
Thanks for your work!

Heh, I don't know how you can stand using Firefox as your default browser - it's so slow for me. I only use it if I absolutely have to use a website with advanced features - otherwise, I use Links2. Even Lightweight and Netsurf are much faster, though (and maybe Jumanji - haven't tried it yet).

Nupfi said:
Thats usually the first sites I check in order to get new stuff for the Pandora, so it would be convenient not having to scroll all the way down. :D
I'd just like to mention that over the past year or so, the three software lists on the wiki (see my signature) have been more reliably-updated than either of the main file archives, plus they provide links to the discussion threads. ;) So perhaps they might be good things to link...

But in any case, this is a really nice all-in-one resource.

Maybe also consider adding a link to the German GP2X Pandora forums, since a number of new software releases have been announced only there over the past year:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=5747d2ed2cf99083395a978b0dfdee71

I'm a little confused by the "DOS stuff" section - I've been using DOSBox, but I don't really know any of those utilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nupfi said:
One suggestion though: Is it possible to move the "where to get software and games" to the top?
Thanks for your work!
Good point, me too. I was sort of considering new users who dont yet have a Pandora, but the more I think of it, the more I like the idea of showing off the apps and games to them first anyway first. Will do. :)

Esn said:
Heh, I don't know how you can stand using Firefox as your default browser - it's so slow for me. I only use it if I absolutely have to use a website with advanced features - otherwise, I use Links2. Even Lightweight and Netsurf are much faster, though (and maybe Jumanji - haven't tried it yet).

Nupfi said:
I'd just like to mention that over the past year or so, the three software lists on the wiki (see my signature) have been more reliably-updated than either of the main file archives, plus they provide links to the discussion threads. ;) So perhaps they might be good things to link...

But in any case, this is a really nice all-in-one resource.

Maybe also consider adding a link to the German GP2X Pandora forums, since a number of new software releases have been announced only there over the past year:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=5747d2ed2cf99083395a978b0dfdee71

I'm a little confused by the "DOS stuff" section - I've been using DOSBox, but I don't really know any of those utilities.
Will check out those links and will add the german forum etc. With regards to Dosbox, those utilities are not required but are handy for working within Dos. This is old school. Dos Navigator is cool though!

More ideas:

- wallpaper section
- how about a linkbar on top? which lets you jump to all the different sections inside the page!
- a "to top" link under each section
- sections seperated by line or something
- open all the links in a new window by default

Thats all. :)
Thank you again!
Very useful.

Esn said:

We have Links2 for the Pandora? o_ô

-God Ginrai

Some new additions etc. added. Also a USERS section, if you guys want me add your BLOG or SITE, let me know. Good place to keep all links together for fellow pandorians.

OS - section added (Can anyone point me to the GENTOO information / downloads etc and I will add this as well.) Also any other OS that is under development etc. that I dont know about.

As always, any additions of feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

Middo

God Ginrai said:
Esn said:

-God Ginrai
Ah, I see you don't check the Pandorawiki lists for new software, otherwise you would've known about it. ;)

P.S. Middo, you can also add the new French-language Pandora forum, if you like:
http://openpandora-france.forumactif.net/

Also, I think the locations of sebt3's site and milkshake's repo should be switched around, since the Repo is quickly becoming the main place where people upload files.

Your site is becoming really useful, thanks...

P.S. Could you please change "If your new to the Pandora" to "If you're new to the Pandora"?

Esn said:
God Ginrai said:
Esn said:

-God Ginrai
Ah, I see you don't check the Pandorawiki lists for new software, otherwise you would've known about it. ;)

P.S. Middo, you can also add the new French-language Pandora forum, if you like:
http://openpandora-france.forumactif.net/

Also, I think the locations of sebt3's site and milkshake's repo should be switched around, since the Repo is quickly becoming the main place where people upload files.

Your site is becoming really useful, thanks...

P.S. Could you please change "If your new to the Pandora" to "If you're new to the Pandora"?

Done, thanks Esn

Back