My New Website

I dunno :p

It goes at 2FPS on my crappy laptop (233MhZ MMX Pentium 32MB Ram 8MB 3D accelerator), and my desktop is compiling gnome right now :D

Hm. Webdesign schön und gut, aber

1. Flash ist nicht unbedingt gut. Denk mal an 56K`ler.
2. Deine Seite hat einfach zu lange Wartezeiten, bis sich etwas aufgebaut hat. Sehr nervig.
3. Dein Text fliesst oft über die Grafik (In deiner Textbox rechts, du weisst schon ;))
4. Die Navigation ist unkomfortabel. Scrolling solltest du dem User überlassen, wie er es gewohnt ist, und nicht mit den Pfeilen...
5. Die Auswahl bei "Arbeit" ist ziemlich unschön. Es scrollt mehr oder weniger andauernd und ist äusserst irritierend; wenn ich etwas bestimmtes auswählen will, ist das recht umständlich.

Ales klar, jetzt, wo ich die Seite niedergemacht hab, fass ich das noch mal zusammen: Klickibunti.

Ist alles nicht böse gemeint, aber mich stösst die Seite eher ab. Sorry.

I'm not a big fan of flash websites, but flash portfolios are OK. Centre the flash object in the middle of the browser window instead of at the top.

Also, the shape is a bit weird, and theres lots of empty space at the bottom, cropping off that would make it a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Otherwise, its great. The sound effects are subtle and not annoying, and looks rather pretty :)

Oh, another small suggestion, make the splash screen a gif or png, itll look better.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on May 18 2004 at 02:24 PM said:
I'm not a big fan of flash websites, but flash portfolios are OK. Centre the flash object in the middle of the browser window instead of at the top.

Also, the shape is a bit weird, and theres lots of empty space at the bottom, cropping off that would make it a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Otherwise, its great. The sound effects are subtle and not annoying, and looks rather pretty :)

Oh, another small suggestion, make the splash screen a gif or png, itll look better.
checked and done.
please have a look.

right now i am working on the php/html version of the site for those who dont love flash or have a 56k modem.

Last edited by a moderator:
DoberMann posted on May 18 2004 at 04:12 PM said:

checked and done.
please have a look.

right now i am working on the php/html version of the site for those who dont love flash or have a 56k modem.
Now it has problems displaying in firebird :p

Hold on, I'll fix it up

EDIT: Damn, dont have dreamweaver installed :/

Oh well, you should know what to do. Fiddle with it a bit so it displays correctly. Vertical frame % sizes is actually a non standard feature in HTML, and acts differently in many browsers.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on May 18 2004 at 06:18 PM said:
DoberMann posted on May 18 2004 at 04:12 PM said:

checked and done.
please have a look.

Now it has problems displaying in firebird :p

Hold on, I'll fix it up

EDIT: Damn, dont have dreamweaver installed :/

Oh well, you should know what to do. Fiddle with it a bit so it displays correctly. Vertical frame % sizes is actually a non standard feature in HTML, and acts differently in many browsers.
Ahhh ok. but how can i put it in the absolute middle then?
top and bottom frame?

Back