My Little Gp2x Broke Xd

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
So, after about 1/2 a year or whenever this thing was first released is how long it lasted for me. Not very long.. Oh well.

It was fun little gp2x, but your scrap metal now as your damn power switch is broken, or its something else.
If you guys want to know what happened to it, it is the same thing that happened to zodttd. Since I opened it one time to fix the headphone jack, and bought it from gp32z.com, I doubt anyone will try to take it to fix it.

Ill just keep it anyway, as it sometimes works after hitting it. It's very rare though...

I loved this lil guy, I used it for mp3, genesis, snes, and sometimes trying out the psx emu, unfortunately I wont be able to do that anymore. :(

Im going to buy a psp once their price goes down whenever that date was because the emus and battery life are much better now. I dunno when the mp3player for it started getting 8, but I guess my friends psp just sucked. Im also going to buy a xgp mini/xgp whenever those come out. Im not going to buy another gp2x, as the same thing will prob happen since im unlucky.

Rest in peace my lil version 1 gp2x :(

Oh, come on, stop the whining and send it over to Germany to me so I can fix it.

EvilDragon posted on Oct 12 2006 at 01:26 PM said:
Oh, come on, stop the whining and send it over to Germany to me so I can fix it.

If you are able to that's fine, but if I send it... Ignore the melted form of the battery compartment, and the crappy sautered in springs, and the broken capacitor (ignore this part completely, as it didn't affect my unit that much.. I dont think.. lol

How much will that cost to ship, and do you got a link to the shipping address? If you can fix this that would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 10:36 PM said:

If you are able to that's fine, but if I send it... Ignore the melted form of the battery compartment, and the crappy sautered in springs, and the broken capacitor (ignore this part completely, as it didn't affect my unit that much.. I dont think.. lol

How much will that cost to ship, and do you got a link to the shipping address? If you can fix this that would be cool.

Well, I don't know how much shipping will be...
Without insurance it shouldn't be that high.

Address would be:

gepixelt GbR
c/o Michael Mrozek
Donaustraße 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

Last edited:
Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 03:36 PM said:

i don't know what Canada uses, but the cheapest way for americans to ship is by using USPS(maybe theres a CPS?), but i don't know what ED charges to ship it back.

Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 08:36 PM said:
Ignore the melted form of the battery compartment, and the crappy sautered in springs, and the broken capacitor (ignore this part completely, as it didn't affect my unit that much.. I dont think.. lol

Okay, somehow I don't think you can blame build quality for it dying :p

You sound like sam fisher!

Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 09:22 PM said:
So, after about 1/2 a year or whenever this thing was first released is how long it lasted for me. Not very long.. Oh well.

It was fun little gp2x, but your scrap metal now as your damn power switch is broken, or its something else.
If you guys want to know what happened to it, it is the same thing that happened to zodttd. Since I opened it one time to fix the headphone jack, and bought it from gp32z.com, I doubt anyone will try to take it to fix it.

Ill just keep it anyway, as it sometimes works after hitting it. It's very rare though...

I loved this lil guy, I used it for mp3, genesis, snes, and sometimes trying out the psx emu, unfortunately I wont be able to do that anymore. :(

Im going to buy a psp once their price goes down whenever that date was because the emus and battery life are much better now. I dunno when the mp3player for it started getting 8, but I guess my friends psp just sucked. Im also going to buy a xgp mini/xgp whenever those come out. Im not going to buy another gp2x, as the same thing will prob happen since im unlucky.

Its only 6 months old, can you not claim on the 12 month guarantee?

adgloride posted on Oct 12 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 09:22 PM said:

Its only 6 months old, can you not claim on the 12 month guarantee?

No, I opened it up.. so I dunno, plus it was from gp32z.com, which closed didn't it?

Anyways, Ill try to ship it in a few days thx EvilDragon. By the way, it was like 'modded' like that for like 5months, so I don't think it is my fault it broke xD

I was going to search around but since this is already an open topic.

Does anyone know who I can contact about a unit bought just 4 mos ago from GP32z.com? Ive cherished my gp2x since I got it, and treated it like gold, but mine just started to have the same switch problem last night and since GP32z went out of business Im unsure who's holding the warrantee service, if anyone?? :unsure:

This unit has become a total component of my lifestyle, and I just cant live without it. Any help would be most appreciated.

[edit]-I found a thread that says to contact nhkim@gp2x.com concerning gp2x repairs for units sold through GP32z.com-sending an email now!

Drak posted on Oct 12 2006 at 09:36 PM said:
Crikey, is that all? You should see the state of the one I sent to EvilDragon for repair! The only decent parts remaining on it are the LCD screen and the unscratched front LCD panel!

bacteria posted on Oct 13 2006 at 12:20 AM said:
Crikey, is that all? You should see the state of the one I sent to EvilDragon for repair! The only decent parts remaining on it are the LCD screen and the unscratched front LCD panel!

Ha! That's great! Maybe he can fix the resistor? Even though I lost it.. Its like a little black cube xD

bacteria posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:20 AM said:

Yeah. Just opened it, looks cute ;)

Last edited:
Cervante posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:59 AM said:
can you guys post pics before sending it to evil? i wanna see :D

Too late already sent xD Maybe he will post pics of it? I'll laugh if he does.

I just hope it survives its great journey to Germany, I marked it as gift so it shouldn't charge you and tarriffs or anything Mr.Dragon. If it does, let me know Ill pay you with paypal.

I feel like asking this again, ED can you send me info on how to repair the LTSK? Help would be much appreciated. Sam.welch@comcast.net

-FLUFFY

Drak posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Cervante posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:59 AM said:
can you guys post pics before sending it to evil? i wanna see :D

Too late already sent xD Maybe he will post pics of it? I'll laugh if he does.

I just hope it survives its great journey to Germany, I marked it as gift so it shouldn't charge you and tarriffs or anything Mr.Dragon. If it does, let me know Ill pay you with paypal.
I didn't need to mark mine as a "gift", it was in such a condition, and with so many bits missing, I could only have marked mine as "rubbish". There is no way Customs would have wanted to think about import taxing it!!

If EvilDragon wants to post a pic of "probably the worst one he's seen" examples, feel free! :D

fluffyhamster posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
I feel like asking this again, ED can you send me info on how to repair the LTSK? Help would be much appreciated. Sam.welch@comcast.net

-FLUFFY

Well... desolder the LTSK and resolder a new one ;)
That's it.

Last edited:
my gp2x broke after some 5 months too, i just was very busy back then, so its been a few months, however i have contacted gp2x.co.uk - the problem is that its a periodic failure, sometimes it works, but it may also not work, and i'd hate to ship it over to UK to have them test it and find it work.

im not exactly sure what to do, i have mailed them to tell my concerns, however havent gotten reply yet, however that should come soon, then perhaps i can find some solution to it :)

Back