My Gpe Files Are Being Ignored.

Nixot

Still Fresh
Whenever I make a new GPE file to play a mod, and I enter it, I'm faced with a blank screen, I try to open it in the terminal and I get "/bin/ash: ./<file>.gpe: not found" - even though when I enter LS it's blatantly there. Is there any way to fix it?

Squidge said:
Post the file

Well, it happens to almost every file I have, but here are a few:

Doom1.ini
Code:
[info]
name="Doom1"
path="/prboom/Doom1.gpe"
icon="/prboom/Doom1.png"

Doom1.gpe
Code:
#!/bin/sh

./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad doom.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

e1.ini
Code:
[info]
name="e1"
path="/Quake/e1.gpe"
icon="/Quake/e1.png"

e1.gpe
Code:
#!/bin/sh

#./cpufreq --freq 600
./tyr-sdlquake -game travail
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

It's really funny, because it allows me to do file operations on them, like chmod, cp and rm, but for some rediculous reason I can't execute them. Why is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
Do they have executable permissions?

Here's a log of my termula.
Code:
/mnt/sd/game/termula # cd ..
/mnt/sd/game # cd prboom
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # ./Doom1.gpe
/bin/ash: ./Doom1.gpe: not found
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # chmod 777 Doom1.gpe
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # chmod 777 yug546o9j4w597 // just to show that everything went OK
chmod: yug546o9j4w597: No such file or directory
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # ./Doom1.gpe
/bin/ash: ./Doom1.gpe: not found
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # /mnt/sd/game/prboom/Doom1.gpe
/bin/ash: /mnt/sd/game/prboom/Doom1.gpe: not found
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # chmod 777 /mnt/sd/game/prboom/Doom1.gpe // That went OK too!
/mnt/sd/game/prboom # /mnt/sd/game/prboom/Doom1.gpe
/bin/ash: /mnt/sd/game/prboom/Doom1.gpe: not found

What the hell is going on here?!?

The thing before the colon is what's reporting the error. In other words, Doom1.gpe is being ran and is producing the error because it can't find something else. It's probably prboom that's not being found. Do you actually have prboom in the directory? Give an ls of the directory.

Exophase said:
The thing before the colon is what's reporting the error. In other words, Doom1.gpe is being ran and is producing the error because it can't find something else. It's probably prboom that's not being found. Do you actually have prboom in the directory? Give an ls of the directory.

So it doesn't mean the GPE is not found, it means the GPE is saying not found? WAIT I think I got it there isn't a CD on there! Let me try something...

edit: It didn't work... I tried using a cd and/or the absolute path instead of the relative path, but still, nothing. Sigh...

Anyway, here's my LS.

COMPILE.GP2X
Doom1.gpe
Doom2.gpe
Plutonia.gpe
README-GP2X.txt
RetroEps.wad
Tnt.gpe
Twilight.gpe
doom.wad
doom2.wad
nj.wad
prboom
prboom-music
prboom.cfg
prboom.wad
ret.gpe
tranmap.dat

Try running the likely offending line manually, ie:

./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad doom.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1

I have already tried that, and it works. This just makes it even more confusing. Oo

Sounds like your generating the .gpe script files using a Windows text editor such as Notepad, which can't produce working script gpe script files.

Eh? Why not?? Is it because it makes proper enters instead of that wierd rectangle with a circle in it?

YES!!! I'M RIGHT! By replacing the Enters with circle-rectangles it has worked! Thank you so much for helping me! I am forever grateful for everyone who has tried to fix my problem! :D

Back