Mame Question

ketchupgun

Website
www.theimponderables.com
MAME has always been the more complicated of the emulators for me. I realize some games won't ever run on the GP2X version (like Marvel Vs. Capcom).

I have Alien Syndrome working...and it looks like the same tech as Quartet ... which I cannot get to work.

What does it mean when you get the message Failed to Load Rom after it attempts to run serval lines of script? Is the rom corrupted? Or Is it just plain incompatible? Do Ihave the wrong MAME?

because I tend to get this message with versions of Pac Man, Wonderboy 3, and 1943 as well as others, but I know they are well within the realms of GP2X MAME's power.

Any comments would be great..and if anyone has Quartet working, LMK what the deal is and if it's possible (my copy doesn't even show up in the ROM list) ... that would really bring me back to my youth, playing at "Wizard's Castle" a Centre Mall!

;-)

ofcourse theres always clrmame, but i prefer romcenter. Romcenter tells you exactly what your missing, and you can just google it and sometimes find it. Or you can download many version of the game and merge them and that sometimes work.

I'll try to get quartet working ;)

well, it's kind of working, it runs. I'm just lazy to fix it.

Back