Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
UPDATE: Never mind, I found a random SD card that seems to have done the trick!
OK this is by no means intended to scare aynone from flashing their GP2X to Open2x DR7, but I tried and my GP2X is now stuck in firmware limbo.

I previously had Open2X DR4 when I tried to update to DR6, it gets stuck on "loading userspace"
I now can't seem to get any firmware I flash to actually load the 2X into a usable state.

I ordered an SD card that was basically a sure bet for flashing a 2X firmware, but it's still getting stuck.
Any advice? Anyone able to debrick my 2X?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the console shows something in the screen, is not bricked.

You can try to put a firmware in a less than 2 Gb SD card. If you have a craddle you can see possible error messages in the console, using a serial cable. Finally you can use the utility NAND Blanker to erase the internal memory, and reinstall a fresh official firmware.

If you can't fix it, you can contact to any GPH distributor (craigix?) or scener with a JTAG. This way they can bring your console to the life. This article explains how to make this trick.

Good luck

'Senor Quack' said:
It could be your card reader..
Well I found some sage advice from yourself posted on the file archive in regards to the NANDblanker...
"Some extractors ignore empty directories"
Extracted it with 7z on XP on my eeePC and bam! firmwares are flashing properly!
I was using fileroller in Ubuntu for all previous attempts. And it's just told me it's done flashing DR7.

SenQuack, is there any way you could just add empty dir checking to the installation and just create the empty dirs if they are not present? It would avoid this whole panic and kefuffle.

Back