My Gp2x Got Lost In The Mail...

Did you pay by PayPal??? If so, Request a refund via PayPal...

I had similar trouble with UPS ... I ordered one from Play-Asia, and their status screen from UPS showed "Delivered to side door" ... which is fucking hilarious, because I don't have a side door! :lol: :angry:

Long story short, I took it up with my CC company, and got the funds credited back to my account.

Yep, if you used a Credit card your going to be fine. Remember, the bank's on YOUR side :)

If you paid by cash (God help us all if you did), then you're fucked (and rightfully so).

keep us posted.

I used paypal... I last emailed the seller on Tuesday, and again yesterday, with no answer. I decided to go ahead with a paypal dispute. So that's all done, we'll see if he responds to that. All I wanted was for him to tell me "I made a claim on (whatever) day last week, and they estimate it will be done by (whatever day)." I would have no problem waiting if I had that info... but I don't!

thats a bitch when that happens, i hate waiting for things never mind them getting lost or damaged, should buy a new gp2x when you get the claim money and buy it of a respectable member of the forum heh heh

paypal generally yank the seller's link at the slightest infringement (example: EvilDragon's cash for devs campaign) so just report it. The money may take a long time coming back to you know.

Remember, in most of these cases, the seller is simply lazy, not malicious.

Hopefully the Seller wont bother replying to PayPal and then the case goes in your favour and they send the money back to you :)

Oh yea, HOPEFULLY he has not spent or Withdrew the money as PayPal take the money from their account... When we claimed for this £6 Item we got £5.75 back and PayPal said something like "Once more money goes into the sellers account we will send you your remaining 25p" :p

But this doesn't make sense...

If it was sent via UPS, then why is he contacting the Post Office? And if it was sent via UPS, then of course they can track it! He can ring them up and ask where it went. If it went to the wrong address they can find out.

Now, paypal will give you the money back. It will take time, but after they have given you the money, they will come down like a ton of bricks on this guy. If he sent it via UPS they will demand a tracking number. (of COURSE ups give a tracking number, the fact that he said they didn't shows he hasn't sent it. See the BB thread!!!).

If he has sent it and it got lost, then all will be well-UPS will be responsible. But if he did NOT send it, and claimed he sent it via UPS, then Paypal will get to the bottom of it. But get the money from them first!

Steve-O posted on Mar 12 2006 at 04:38 AM said:
Hopefully the Seller wont bother replying to PayPal and then the case goes in your favour and they send the money back to you :)

Oh yea, HOPEFULLY he has not spent or Withdrew the money as PayPal take the money from their account... When we claimed for this £6 Item we got £5.75 back and PayPal said something like "Once more money goes into the sellers account we will send you your remaining 25p" :p
Yeah that happened to me once and you know what I did? I called my bank :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a DS game on eBay. It wasn't sent so I started a PayPal dispute. Within a week, PayPal had taken £6.75 from the seller's PayPal account and left a message saying that this was unsatisfactory and they would try to retrieve more. Shortly afterwards I checked my bank statement online. The £6.75 refund from PayPal was there, which is what I expected, but what I didn't expect was a refund from my bank for the whole item price of £25! I made £6.75 out of an eBay scam :)

yeah thats what happens. you get a partial undocumented (for some reason) refund from paypal and you can file a bank dispute for the whole amount and actually make $$$ from the deal.

So I'm still waiting... Paypal sent an email to the seller, and I guess he responded back. It doesnt let me see what he told them, but it does show a tracking number, which does not work on the USPS website (that's United States Postal Service, not UPS like some of you mentioned), so I don't know what that means. Paypal sent me several emails essentially saying "are you sure you don't want to cancel?" Which I don't at this point. Still no email to me from the seller, I don't know what his problem is. If he is in the process of making a claim with USPS, just tell me and we could have avoided this whole thing! I'm guessing he didn't insure the package, and now doesn't want to admit that and take the loss... that's the only logical explanation (other than just calling him a scammer which I don't think he is)

project86 posted on Mar 14 2006 at 07:55 PM said:
So I'm still waiting... Paypal sent an email to the seller, and I guess he responded back. It doesnt let me see what he told them, but it does show a tracking number, which does
huh? Log into paypal and view open disputes. You should be allowed to see what he said.

Oh USPS! Sorry. But you are so trusting. Tell us who he is, unleash the dogs/hell!!!

He's trying to scam you, or is just lazy. I bought a DS off one of these board members, had excuse after excuse as to why I hadn't recieved it, and in the end went on these boards to moan about it. I named him!

Turned out he was just a kid who was too lazy to send it to me. His dad sent it to me in the end. But if claims to have sent it, and taken your money (my cheque was cashed!), then he is entering deep waters.

Tell him to read this thread!

i also suggest naming this person as well, even if it is just to let the rest of us know not to buy from this person if they post stuff for sale again in these boards.

Wasn't hard to find

Yes, here is the post. It was a newbie called Lucid, Hasn't posted since jan7th. I fear trouble...

I think its possible for you to get his personal details from paypal, ie, home address and phone number.

Im 99% sure you can.

Give it a try, if you can get it and its his real details let him know and see how fast he sorts it out ;)

Back