My Gp2x Got Lost In The Mail...

OK, you guys found his name. I didn't really want to post it, but I guess it is good to have it out there in case he tries any future dealings on here.

Paypal does not let me see his emails to them. It shows a tracking number that he provided, which is not really a tracking number. At least it doesn't work as a tracking number when I try it... I'm thinking it may be a claim number? Anyways, paypal shows me a history of the dispute, and it included the seller emailing them 3 seperate times about the issue (again, I don't get to see what he said). They gave me a few days to let me decide if things have been resolved, and starting today they are going to continue their investigation. So we'll see what happens.

I do have the person's info, but I don't really think it is necessary at this point. I'm sure paypal will be in agreement with me...

with my job, i deal very heavily in the shipment of products via a lot of different methods, if you want, give me the tracking, either in the post or PM to me, i can try to tell what kind of number it is.

Angel posted on Mar 16 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
with my job, i deal very heavily in the shipment of products via a lot of different methods, if you want, give me the tracking, either in the post or PM to me, i can try to tell what kind of number it is.

It shows USPS 2047860302-0097 I really don't know what it is... if you can find out, I would appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
its definetly a USPS tracking number, did you get anything from your post man, a pink piece of paper stuck to your door, or stuck somewhere, maybe it blew off. I think this needed signature confirmation, but if you weren't home and the pink paper that they send saying they missed you blew away or got lost, you'd never know it. And after so long they send the item back to sender.

I'd suggest taking this number to your local post office. If you know the exact date the seller sent this too you, that would help as well.

EDIT: forgot to give you this link. http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/ex...veryservice.htm

This could've been sent this way to ensure that you were the only person to get it. Though its unlikely it was sent this method, you never know it could've been. But the unwillingness of the seller to contact you again, or give you more detail, makes this situation fishy.

But this could also be the reason why you can't track it on the web. The web doesn't say its not a valid number, just states you can't track this package from the web site, which is why i suggest you go to your local post office.

Angel posted on Mar 16 2006 at 07:20 PM said:
But this could also be the reason why you can't track it on the web. The web doesn't say its not a valid number, just states you can't track this package from the web site, which is why i suggest you go to your local post office.

Actually I get the response "There is no record of this item." which doesn't seem to me as if it's not trackable by web but that it is just not the correct number...

Thanks, I'll be checking with the post office here ASAP. I would think that the package would have been sent back quite a while ago by now... but we'll see what they say. Thanks again for the help.

OK just checked with the post office, they said that number is not valid for them. I asked them to double check, and they supposedly did... not valid. They suggested I contact the seller (duh) to try and fix it with him.

So paypal finally decided in my favor. They took $35 from his account and sent it to me, which is probably all he had at the moment. They say they will try and get the rest, but who knows... if this guy just disappears, then it's probably a loss. At least I got a little bit back though. Any other suggestions?

Take it up with the bank/credit card company. They'll probably give you a full refund, which means you make $35 from this.

p00pty2 posted on Mar 22 2006 at 09:53 PM said:
Get his address from paypal and go round to his house.

...with a baseball bat :ph34r:

Was on the news today that when you use a Credit Card to purchase something overseas you can claim your money back via the credit card company if the product is damaged / lost / goes faulty :)

i'm very suprised the post office couldn't help you, you can go to USPS.com put in the number with the dash, see the error, and put it in again without the dash, its clearly a different message, one of no record and one of this is not trackable via the web site. It's enough digits to be a priority tracking number as well.

The only thing i can think of is that the package was screwed from the very beginning, like with UPS, if there isn't a correct scan you get in the tracking, Billing info received, and UPS themselves can't even track it, and in my experience about 75% of the time it actually delivers. You didn't have that such luck with with order.

But also, since the seller refuses to get back to you, he also could've given you a tracking number that was valid at one time, but because of the age has dropped off the web.

Angel, you may be right on that one. In any case, I seem to be screwed. Paypal says they are comtinuing to work with the seller to get me a refund... translation: They got everything he had in his account, and can't give me any more until he puts more in the account. Why would he, when he knows it will just be taken away?

project86 posted on Apr 1 2006 at 03:04 PM said:
Angel, you may be right on that one. In any case, I seem to be screwed. Paypal says they are comtinuing to work with the seller to get me a refund... translation: They got everything he had in his account, and can't give me any more until he puts more in the account. Why would he, when he knows it will just be taken away?
deal with your bank. Going over paypal's head pisses them off lol

I'm not sure what those last 2 comments mean, or what they have to do with my post... UPDATE still no more money recovered.

Back