My Gp2x Cap Broke!

evilmegaman

Still Fresh
Help! I can barely play my games.. The cab completely came off of the stick and the stick seems chipped. I think one of my friends did this without telling me.. What should I do???

RF249338-01.jpg

Does the chip look like this ? If so that is normal.

If the plastic cap itself isn't cracked, you can shove it back on the stick and it'll be good as new.

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Aug 10 2006 at 01:21 AM said:
RF249338-01.jpg

Does the chip look like this ? If so that is normal.

OHHHH thanks :) But my cap is chipped a bit... I will grab a photo of it in a sec... What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
evilmegaman posted on Aug 10 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
OHHHH thanks :) But my cap is chipped a bit... I will grab a photo of it in a sec... What should I do?

• Order a new one ... Play Asia has 'em cheap, and fast delivery too ... got mine in less than a week.
• Make your own out of common houshold materials (Pen barrels, Light Brite pieces, Golf Tees, dried out wads of chewing gum ... )
• Do a forum search for 'retrocon' ...
• Go raw; forget the cap and just use the brass shaft ... a callus will develop over time, creating your own take-it-with-at-all-times cap ... you'll never lose it again :)

TelcoLou posted on Aug 10 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
evilmegaman posted on Aug 10 2006 at 12:37 PM said:

• Order a new one ... Play Asia has 'em cheap, and fast delivery too ... got mine in less than a week.
• Make your own out of common houshold materials (Pen barrels, Light Brite pieces, Golf Tees, dried out wads of chewing gum ... )
• Do a forum search for 'retrocon' ...
• Go raw; forget the cap and just use the brass shaft ... a callus will develop over time, creating your own take-it-with-at-all-times cap ... you'll never lose it again :)

You may never lose your cap..but you might lose your thumb

He'll have the ultimate "player's thumb".

I am vaguely remembering some commercials a while back educating the public about this terrible, but coveted, condition.

donny662 posted on Aug 10 2006 at 06:22 PM said:
He'll have the ultimate "player's thumb".

I am vaguely remembering some commercials a while back educating the public about this terrible, but coveted, condition.

Was it the one for batteries with a picture of a handheld and a thumb with a blister saying "New Heavy duty duracell may last longer than you think"? I liked that advert :ph34r:

Back