Caanoo / WIZ My Desires For The Wiz

cybergenesis

Still Fresh
Well, I am using the Wiz to emulate all the gaming consoles / computers of my younger life.

* I'd love a MacPlus emulator so I could play Dark Castle and other games (please if you have seen Dark Castle on the Amiga or Megadrive, these versions are *HORRIBLE*). It would need to use the touchscreen for mouse and have a good onscreen keyboard. The MacPlus had various high quality games, it is a retro gaming resource.

* Love an Apple IIC emulator, as this was my very first computer when I was 5 years old!

* Improvements in UAE4EVER.. Basically I hope this gets developed further. A disk loading accelerator (can be turned off for incompatible games) would be very useful.

* Better frontend / GUI. I want a professional, highly featured desktop for the Wiz- but at the least a better application launcher (support renaming etc).

* Its a shame they didn't allow any method to expand the wiz? I understand that its a small handheld device and doesn't have much room, but being able to expand its capabilities in any way other than a larger SD card would be good. If there are any options here, I would be interested.

* If possible support for more video file types, even if only at 320 x 240 resolution.

* A programming language for the Wiz! Something like GLbasic, perhaps even a port of GLbasic. It would need a good onscreen keyboard. This doesn't mean that you would spend all your time writing programs this way, you might do the majority of the work on your PC, then move the files over to your wiz, but would be cool to be able to touchup / debug your programs on the Wiz!

* More detailed information for beginner programmers to the Wiz. Hell if there was enough information, and the appropriate programs, I would try for some assembly language programming on the Wiz :) That would get maximum speed, as I suspect most stuff on the Wiz is made from C++ or other higher level languages.

* An idea for a program is a sort of notepad except where you draw on the screen with your stylus. It would have tabs for easily switching to other screen spaces. You could use this to quickly jot down notes / telephone numbers etc- a bit less tedious than entering data on a virtual keyboard. It would be good to be able to then quickly shrink what you have drawn and move it to any place on the screen. This way you could write down say a phone number in big numbers so that its easy to write, but shrink it down and move it to another part of the screen, so you can fit more on that screen space. In fact I might try to create a simple application with these features using GLBasic when I have the motivation.

I am sure I can think of a let better stuff, I was just bored and this was just a quick effort.

For your GUI issues, have you tried Win2X? That supports file-renaming. As for hand-written notes, could Qtopia cover this? I'm not sure.

Back