Music Videos

Shane

Website
Visit site
What is the best way to get the music insync with the video when compressing a music video? I have used that intergrate every 3 frames but the music is still to fast, the Birate is at 192 and 41000 hz anything like 32kb and 11500hz sounds like crap. What should I do, any suggestions? :unsure:

It has to be at atleast 11,050Hz to work, it freezes my GP32 when I do less (I am using moviepark, are you using something diffrent?) just make a higher bitrate at 11,050Hz thats all I can think of.
EDIT: Are you sure that you are decimating the framerate, not changing it, and if you are, are you decimation so it is at most 10 fps, even 10.0000000001 FPS should sound bad if the movie is long enough.

Great movies Tim, what settings did u use in Vdub? as you can probably see most of my posts on the help forum are about my ball ache with Moviepark. Those vids are a lot better quality than what im getting and i could use all the help i can get/

Cheers

Shane posted on May 25 2003 said:
What is the best way to get the music insync with the video when compressing a music video?  I have used that intergrate every 3 frames but the music is still to fast, the Birate is at 192 and 41000 hz anything like 32kb and 11500hz sounds like crap.  What should I do, any suggestions? :unsure:
I had exactly the same problem with DVD rips using any thing but the option to keep video and sound in sync then decimate by a custom number that brings the overall frame rate to 10 u can use dicmal places in this number. For example my Courching Tiger rip was at 25fps so i custom decimated by 2.5 the sound worked but i compressed the video bady and it went to shit during action scenes so there went my 8th DVD rip to hit the recycle bin :( Im finding it hard to get satisfactory results from Vdub, buts that 100% my ineptitude as Tims vids look great so i still have hope for geting good video on my GP :)

Edit: If that stil give it you out of snyc try doing it withought changing the frame rate but still using custom decimation to drop it to 10fps

Last edited by a moderator:
the Birate is at 192 and 41000 hz anything like 32kb and 11500hz sounds like crap

To my knowledge 11500 is the highest moviepark can handle. With 192 bitrate and 41000Hz you are expecting high quality MP3 AND video. When playing high quality MP3 this takes almost all GP32 processing power, so there would be no room for video left.

Hey cool! you should make your page bigger with more movies and have requests. I would go to it!
Plus, can you do some system of a down videos. I will buy movie park just for that.

I thoguth gp32 could only handle up to 128k bit rate for video.
maybe you should try lowering the bit rate to 128 or even 115k. I've yet to get my GP32 in but I tried enocding the videos with 20k, 11500hz audio and on my coputer it sounded fine. however sicne I don't have my gp32 I don't know how good it will look on that.

Shane posted on May 25 2003 said:
No my video is at 128k its my music that is higher. I want it to sounds good not like crap. I guess the gp32 cant handle both things at once.
Ok, first if you have not done so, get the latest version of Virtual Dub at www.virtualdub.org.

Second, try following the encoding faq by atrkid at GP32Emu FAQs (it is titled "MoviePark Encoding Guide").

Third, follow these rules:
Using the latest VirtualDub (1.5.3) specify the framerate to be 10 (no longer need to guesstimate the decimate value:).
Sound should be from 11025Hz to 22050Hz (sampling rate).

Also, TimThePig has some VirtualDub settings on his site. I have not looked at them but try them out and see how they work for you. Give them some tweaks till you find what you like.

I posted my settings in another thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back