music player locale problems

sepulep

I have a recurring problem with some musicplayers (qmmp, audacious), namely that they refuse to open files with non-ascii characters (e.g. úíë etc)..is there a solution to this?? (setting a different system locale?)

that would not my preferred solution;-) in the end I am using mpd + client for now; this can also nicely be configured for external (USB) sound card

Yep, i'm using a Behringer U-Control UCA222 USB on a cubieboard with cubian / mpd and relaxx as web front end in my audio player.

upload_2018-2-23_4-50-26.png

I can't believe it's already 7 years old, time passes so fast.

Nice, I picked one of those up this last year (I think it was this side of the new year, but I'd have to check). I gave it a spin hooking it up to my linux server wiring it up to the tape interface of my amplifier, and got good sound out of it. I couldn't get much through the line in though, even after fixing my alsa-mixer settings, it was still just there, but very very quiet.

All of my audio files these days are nicely tagged, and if there are any non-7bit ascii characters in them I put them in the tags but normalise the characters for the filenames usually. My music players are all set to display the tags in prime of place, so as long as they're identifiable in the folder view and sort correctly, I'm happy with that.

Edit: Actually, I got the UCA-202 not the 222. I can't see any difference in the specs, so I think mine's just an older version of yours. And it arrived here between christmas and new year, so technically 2017 (just).

Back