GP32 Game Music Player Using Game_music_emu?

blargg

Still Fresh
Website
www.slack.net
In another thread there is discussion of making a game music player based on my open-source Game_Music_Emu library. It supports Super NES (SPC), Nintendo (NSF), GameBoy (GBS), Sega Master System (VGM), and Sega Genesis (GYM) music formats. If someone wants to write a player for the GP32, I can provide assistance with using the library. The player would provide a user-interface, access files however the GP32 does it, and output samples from the library to the sound driver.

The library is written in fairly portable C++, and compiles to around 70K on my PC. On a 120MHz PowerMac generating 16-bit stereo at 44kHz, the NSF, GBS, and VGM emulators use around 3% CPU, and the GYM and SPC use around 20% CPU. Sound quality is good, due to the use of band-limited synthesis. The output sample rate can be set to an arbitrary value, so it should work with the GP32 sample rates.

The Foobar2000 plug-in Game Emu Player (foo_gep) also uses Game_Music_Emu, in case you'd like to get an idea of the sound quality. Get game music files from Zophar.net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, could be a lot better if can play .mp3 and .ogg too! ;)

Why only a game music player if is possible a definitive audio player? A very interesting stuff is UADE.

UADE contains a free (as in freedom) cloned m68k-assembler implementation of Eagleplayer & Delitracker API and uses UAE emulation, for plays the most Amiga tunes available :)

timofonic posted on Mar 1 2005 at 09:02 PM said:
Interesting, could be a lot better if can play .mp3 and .ogg too! ;)

Why only a game music player if is possible a definitive audio player? A very interesting stuff is UADE.

UADE contains a free (as in freedom) cloned m68k-assembler implementation of Eagleplayer & Delitracker API and uses UAE emulation, for plays the most Amiga tunes available :)

But does it play .mp3 and .ogg files too. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back