mupen64

S

scoobydoo

I just downloaded the newest mupen64 version [finally] and was delighted to see Paper Mario play very well!!

The pickle launcher is spot on at that.

This game was unplayable for me in previous versions

Haven't gotten around to it yet but I was wondering if Conker's Bad Fur Day plays now?

With the older mupen emulator, I was never able to boot the game up. No matter what the CPU setting, nothing showed up.

Any feedback would be graciously welcomed.

I've downloaded the file but wanted to be saved the disappointment of it not firing up. Rather I will just delete and say farewell to Conker, if that is the case. :lol:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Ill test it for you when I walk upstairs haha

Edit: finally went up stairs, some goodnews

First try: i started it i was running @1ghz it just froze

Sencond: Start @500mhz sadly it is extremely buggy. You can go through to atleast start a game "got to the Nintendo" after starting new game.

Lots of textures are missing/not rendering and the fps 10 best ( forget how to bring up the setting menu in game to show fps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill test it for you when I walk upstairs haha

Edit: finally went up stairs, some goodnews

First try: i started it i was running @1ghz it just froze

Sencond: Start @500mhz sadly it is extremely buggy. You can go through to atleast start a game "got to the Nintendo" after starting new game.

Lots of textures are missing/not rendering and the fps 10 best ( forget how to bring up the setting menu in game to show fps)
This is good news then yes.

I so wanted to give this game a go on the Pandora.

Perhaps the frames per second might fluctuate during the course of gameplay??

I also forgot how to bring up fps but I think it is done via one of the buttons pressed during gameplay? It escapes me which button it is.

Right then I will give this a go later.

Much appreciated gotwake24 ;)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Conker's Bad Fur Day is an unplayable garbled mess for me, too. It doesn't help that the introduction is unskippable. It's like watching some obscure fractal screen saver. Doesn't get any better once the game starts, either.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a link to the sourcecode for mupen64 r1b5 that is posted on the repo? The development thread is on the gp32x boards, but the latest sourcecode links are dead.

I just downloaded the newest mupen64 version [finally] and was delighted to see Paper Mario play very well!!

Is there a particular hotfix/settings/speed or game region combination that you are using as i have the latest version of Mupen & apart from SM64, Mario Kart & a handful of others most games run like **** incl Paper Mario.. missing textures/incredibly slow regardless of clockspeed etc..

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a link to the sourcecode for mupen64 r1b5 that is posted on the repo? The development thread is on the gp32x boards, but the latest sourcecode links are dead.
Perhaps drop a PM to one of the maintainers. Sebt3 is listed as the maintainer on the repo; there are others but he should at least point you in the right direction. :)

Is there a particular hotfix/settings/speed or game region combination that you are using as i have the latest version of Mupen & apart from SM64, Mario Kart & a handful of others most games run like **** incl Paper Mario.. missing textures/incredibly slow regardless of clockspeed etc..
He won't be answering you.

One way to increase performance across the board is use these settings in gles2n64.conf:

Code:
#Framebuffer Settings:

framebuffer enable=1

framebuffer bilinear=0

framebuffer width=400

framebuffer height=240

You can access that by launching Mupen64plus Config then going to Graphics Settings, or just browse into appdata to find the file. It means you'll be dropping the resolution of course (halved or quartered, depending on how you look at it) but it's worth it for the performance gain IMO.

[edit] As PokeParadox mentions http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6913-mupen64plus-zelda-majoras-mask/]here, it's also worth trying both versions of the graphics plugin (Mupen64plus Config -> Options -> Configure -> Plugins)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back