Mupen64 wont run Ocarina

ozzyfreakdude

Still Fresh
Hello

I just got my Pandora the other day, and I've gotten most things working as they should.

However, Mupen64Plus runs fine for most things, or at least things that it should run with, like Waverace, Starfox, and Super Mario 64. The main game I wanted to play on it was Ocarina of time, though. Apparently it runs fine for other people, because there are quite a few videos on youtube of people playing ocarina on their pandoras.

But for me, it crashes to a black screen when I try to load a game. I can't even exit the emulator - I have to do a hard reset. The horse intro screen and file select work fine up to that point, though. I've tried a few different versions of the rom. Strangely enough, it does the exact same thing in Majoras Mask as well.

I'm using the default settings. I've tried googling everything I could on the issue and nobody seems to have anything to say about it. The only thing I can figure is maybe it worked in previous versions, where people uploaded the videos, and was broken in the latest version? But then again, I can't seem to find any earlier versions to test it with.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Patrick

I have the same issue, I believe it's a bug in the emulator.. I know ED mentioned in his video of the Day that he used a saved state that was set to further in the game to get past the intro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah I see, thanks. So I wonder if there's no workaround? It seems kind of odd that there would be 2-3 videos of it, but nobody mention that you have to work around it with a save state.

Ah I see, thanks. So I wonder if there's no workaround? It seems kind of odd that there would be 2-3 videos of it, but nobody mention that you have to work around it with a save state.
Hi what videos have you seem on youtube, some of those are dev video's with softwware that is not yet released or at testing stages and maybe sold in the future, the zelda game defo works with r3 beta just increase the mhz to like 850 and it should work but many glitches i have found and slow

To make your game work you need latest version of n64, the one that aria and notaz have made and its available on the other forum GP32X, I think its in the beta testing section just search there, again N64 Emulation is in its very early stages but compatibility should hopefully increase in the next few years too come

bye

007jaws

I read some post on this that suggested it was working, but the most recent version introduced a bug that broke it. So at least the devs appear to be aware of it and might look into it.

007Jaws, I was referring to the one EvilDragon posted, which apparently a savestate was used to work around in, and these two:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZC6kjczqz-s?feature=oembed

Zenbot, do you happen to know where I could find an older version of the mupen64 pnd (Just for the purposes of playing zelda)? I get all of my pnds from the pandora apps page and from the openhandhelds file archive, both of which only have the most recent version hosted)

Thanks

EDIT:

007Jaws, I didn't realize that there was a beta testing forum at the gp32x forums. That could be unhealthy for what little free time I have left.

I went there and tried the latest beta version they have tested there, and it didn't work either. Same results.

i hear that some guy from irc named wally is working on a port of DaedalusX64 for the pandora, so go bother him about it

i hear that some guy from irc named wally is working on a port of DaedalusX64 for the pandora, so go bother him about it

Now that's a bit harsh, this is the support forum, not the dev forum.

Don't read if you don't want to help is my thought.

Edit: on the other hand, you did make a fine suggestion. Not sure if it was meant negative, it just felt that way. hmmmm. :unsure:

Back