Mupen 64 Controls

Volvagia

Still Fresh
Hey everyone,

I have searched the forums to no avail looking for a way to remap the buttons on Mupen 64. Does anybody have any ideas or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

run the mupen config file pnd, not the one with picklelauncher. select options>configure>plugins tab>config. the default(3rd) plugin is pandora buttons as conroller, the top first plugin is for usb controllers, usb hubs are usually needed for this

have used the first plugin for my usb controller,it doesn't work at all.

What the best settings to run mupen 64.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: I tried deleting all of my old settings files and reconfigured them and now it seems to be working. Thanks.

I guess I should have been more specific on what I have tried.

What I am trying to do is remap N64 button A as Pandora button X and N64 button B as Pandora button A.

My Mupen64 version is: 1.5.r20110615.2

I have been using the PPSP input plugin. I have accessed it's config file from Options> Configure> Plugins> Input plugin> Config.

In the config file it says:

N64 A=BUTTON RIGHT

N64 B=BUTTON DOWN

So naturally I assumed that if I changed A to DOWN and B to LEFT, Like this:

N64 A=BUTTON DOWN

N64 B=BUTTON LEFT

it would change it to how I wanted it.

Sadly, after doing so, N64 A = Pandora B and N64 B = Pandora X.

So, I am curious if anyone else has gotten this to work or if I am doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated. :)

^ You need to restart your Pandora and then connect your USB controller using a USB 2.0 High Speed hub. The Pandora's full-sized USB port is USB 2.0 High Speed only, and so it needs a hub in between to "translate" for items that are USB 1.0 and 1.1, such as USB joypads.

and if you forget and cant figure it out like me, if you put a usb1.1 device directly into the pandora without a hub, the usb bus crashes and nothing will work from usb until you reboot your pandora, then once youve plugged a usb controller through a usb2.0 hub, go into mupen config pnd, start your configurations, under input plugins, select the one that says blight's SDL, choose that, then click on config, click every button(must click on the expanation thats pointing to button on n64 controller), map it to what you want, and then in upper right corner click on the plugged tab, and also make sure to click the one next to it to select memory pack, this will load/save off the pandora, so no memory pack is required in controller.....that should be all? well also toggle through the options in upper right corner of blights sdl cofig til you select your usb controller, if you think its not there, just type in sudo lsusb in terminal and it should show you if your usb device is plugged in and what its called, and its not the linux foundation one...have a wonderful time! because youre really pushing your luck to get such a full explanation out of me

It didn't work still the same.

Do you have any idea why it's not working,in the blight config page i clicked on plugged which turn the tab white then selected memory pak then selected my usb conroller to the right side and configured all buttons,with doing all this nothing worked.

The controller i have logitech dual action.

This controller doesn't work on mame and picodrive emu's.

Back