Multitasking

Degenerate

Still Fresh
Website
www.ssls19645.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
I've searched high and low on this forum and on the net, but I can't find any information on the GP32's multitasking capabilities. What I want to know is, basically, can the GP32 play a game as well as an MP3? Is it capable of displaying an ebook whilst you listen to music? I've just ordered one so I can't find out for myself, and I appologise if this has already been asked, but I really like the idea of listening to MP3s whilst I read an ebook on the bus :)

can the GP32 play a game as well as an MP3?

1. Unfortunately not as they both require a lot of CPU power, but it could be possible with some lower end apps I suppose.

2. Is it capable of displaying an ebook whilst you listen to music?

Yes! In fact there is a free program designed too do just that, it's called GP MP3 textviewer
http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...fileinfo&id=194

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...fileinfo&id=194

From this site... read a .txt file with music in the background. Its also a very good little copy/move/delete file manager.

The other thread talks about the game/mp3 playing... given that the GP32 isn't a multi-tasking OS to begin with, that's totally up to individual emu developers to include, assuming the processing power allows for it. Personally, I'd much rather have them keep working on improving the speed/quality of the emu rather than adding mp3 support!

Thanks for the replies, I own a minidisc player so it's not a big deal really, I was just wondering as having MP3s and games all on one device at the same time would save me carrying all that extra weight around, especially considering both require batteries (and I can never decide between music and games at the critical moment ;)). Apparently my GP32 is on order, though I'm probably going to have to wait a little while for it to be delivered. I can't wait! :)

RECHARGABLE BATTERIES!
The solution to all of your problems (well a few at least)!!!
just get six and switch them around when you need them. I always have at least four charging. they cost alot but in the long run your better off.

cazssiew posted on Apr 14 2003 said:
RECHARGABLE BATTERIES!
The solution to all of your problems (well a few at least)!!!
just get six and switch them around when you need them. I always have at least four charging. they cost alot but in the long run your better off.
Maybe I missed something here, but when did the topic include batteries? Rechargeable batteries arn't at all expensive anyway, especially once you factor in how much you'd save even after 4 charges. I don't understand why they arn't used in everything.

Back