_Duplicate Files From OSX

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi

I use the GP32 with a SMC reader to transfer files from Mac OSX. The SMC is getting clogged up with loads of OSX duplicate files all prefixed with an underscore. Is there a way to delete these? As the Mac creates them, perhaps I need a GP32 tool to do it?

HELP! My ROM lists are endless! I'm also suspicious that they are confusing some programs...

®

I think it has something to do with the mac try an 8.3 file structure you should be fine, also when you trannfer it is probaly putting on some hidden files you don't see when you transfer, such as finde.dat and so on.
I do alot of transfering between macs and pc at work and you tend to get your file names messed up if there not 8.3.

G23

Open your belowed terminal/shell (doesn't everybody use terminal/shell on OSX anyway..) and delete those "duplicate" files with rm command.. The SMC gets mounted under /Volumes/somenameyouhavegiventosmv

Cheers guys, I have been using GPFM & Comi for this and apparently the newest Windups does it too although I have the older one as firmware. Still a bit afraid of the OSX Terminal!

Thanks for the help!

®

Back