Mplayer Lockups

b0redom

Still Fresh
Hi Guys,
I've got my shiny new GP2x and seem to be having a problem with video playback. At random intervals it just locks up. Sound will disappear, and then maybe 1/2 a second later the video will freeze. It's happened with lots of different DivX movies.

It's not battery levels, as it happens randomly regardless of when I've put batteries in. I'll also select the video, fast forward to a few seconds before the glitch, and then it'll play fine for a while until it locks up again.

This is really winding me up. Anyone have any ideas?

Tom

I get the same problem. Oddly pressing Y will still toggle the menu bar on and off. I think it might be an issue with the machine going into a sleep mode or something as I found that last night I didn't get any crashes if I occasionally interacted with the machine while watching the video (skipping back 10 seconds and then forward again).

This seems to be SD card related, it only does it with certain makes, unfortunately many brands will change their make to whichever is cheaper and just put their stickers on the cards. So you never quite know what make you really have.

Nope, strangely it appears to be related to battery save selection. I just turned it from 'low or save' or whatever it defaults to, to 'normal' and played 2 episodes of West Wing back to back with no problems. Just what I needed to take my mind off an hour on the x-trainer :)

Cheers...

Tom

Nope, strangely it appears to be related to battery save selection. I just turned it from 'low or save' or whatever it defaults to, to 'normal' and played 2 episodes of West Wing back to back with no problems. Just what I needed to take my mind off an hour on the x-trainer :)

I had mine crash during an episode of The Dead Zone last night while on Normal. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.. i have exact same problem... today in a 20 mins eps it freeze 5 time!!! one of which with in the first 1 minute of playing. and i play the eps at "full" mode

i point finger to the firmware...

Back