Mpeg Decoder

crow_riot

just a quick question that came to my mind reading through sources.
is any info available (i suppose not ;)) how to use that hardware decoder? the idea is to use that thingy for a game intro or something like that...

thx

just to note if anyone else is interested. i've finally found something within the firmware source code.
within 'pollux_idct.h/c' some functions doing IDCT (inverse discrete cosine transform) on hardware are available
have not tried them yet, though :)

crow_riot said:
just to note if anyone else is interested. i've finally found something within the firmware source code.
within 'pollux_idct.h/c' some functions doing IDCT (inverse discrete cosine transform) on hardware are available
Hello,
maybe you wan't to check Leapfrog Didj Linux Source?
The Didj uses the same SoC as the Wiz. In the tarball there is a mplayer patch. I'm not sure if the IDCT unit is used with this patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Claude said:
crow_riot said:
Hello,
The Didj uses the same SoC as the Wiz. In the tarball there is a mplayer patch. I'm not sure if the IDCT unit is used with this patch.

oh didn't know that. great - thanks for that!

crow_riot said:
Claude said:
crow_riot said:
Hello,

oh didn't know that. great - thanks for that!
There is no real MPEG decoder in this chip. But! there are components that may assist big time -- IDCT and Color space converter. IDCT takes only 300 cycles to compute entire table -- that's faster than Blackfin!

devs -- please download the file and put it on file archive :)
rapidshare.com/files/290708158/LF1000_IDCT_rev.03.doc.html

Back