Moviepark Closing

Well, this kind of cans the whole concept of Moviepark being the standard movie player for the system. Let's hope an amateur developer comes up with another stable player.....

You will be able to downlaod until 15 august, but you have to buy it before 15 jully :(

1: That is odd..... and kind of lame for all potential GP32 owners (but once they stop selling it...... fair game to put in a nice new home on google street in server lane :D )

2: I doubt a new version is coming, termination of contract..

Crap on a cracker, I got mine just under the wire (less than a week ago)! :ph34r:

I hope for the sake of all the late adopters that the freeware DivX player becomes as good or better...

Maybe someone could kindly help me out here..........

I'm relatively new to the GP32 and after seeing this thread I thought it seemed like a good idea to get Moviepark downloaded asap. Anyway I went to the JoyGP/Entware site and then registered as a member of the site. However when I went to the download/payment screen, a dialogue box popped up stating "YOUR GP32 ISN'T REGISTERED". I'm a little confused here, my GP32 was registered online in the normal way, the day I received it. Do I need to register it elsewhere to get the JoyGP downloads working? If so, where? I can't see whereabouts on the website this needs to be done.

Thanking you in advance for any helpful comments!

Dammit.

clawski - Im not entirely sure, but it might be saying that because you haven't bought it yet. You can't buy it anymore, they stopped selling it just over a week ago.

I'm going to try when I get home, they haven't changed the site at all so it looks like you can still buy it, except for the popup.

How good is the freeware divx player - had a quick look on the CD and noticed one didn't have sound. What's the other one like?

Dammit.

clawski - Im not entirely sure, but it might be saying that because you haven't bought it yet. You can't buy it anymore, they stopped selling it just over a week ago.

I'm going to try when I get home, they haven't changed the site at all so it looks like you can still buy it, except for the popup.

How good is the freeware divx player - had a quick look on the CD and noticed one didn't have sound. What's the other one like?
I've solved the problem, if you got to the PDS area on JoyGP and follow the instructions then you'll be fine.

Movie Park is available for purchase until 15th July :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is bizarre. The only logical reason to discontinue MP is if a new (and better) p[roduct will take it's place, and perhaps they'd like to charge a higher price, and MP would've eaten into sales if people opted for MP instead?

Just a guess.

Or... MP was using some sort of copyrighted code or something and they got quiet;y nailed with a lawsuit and had to pull it?

They'd better have something new and better tho, cuz lack of a movie player will discourage new sales a little bit. But with all the great emus, maybe not...?

well seeing as moviepark is one of their most pushed features I'm guessing a new product or maybe a new firmware with that and the new mp3 player in it, we can but dream

well if entware would cash my paypal money, id buy it, but for some reson i still have 0 points, and they wont reply to my emails!!!

You guys are all talking like MoviePark is going to quit working on your GP32! Doesn't bother me that they're going away, I bought MoviePark the same day my GP32 arrived in the mail and I still have it. I rarely use it, but it's still on there (and annoyingly, listed above FreeLauncher).

Why they're going out of business is anyone's guess. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they sell a product that people only buy once (very little return business I'm guessing; very few people buy more than one copy for the game GP32), and it only costs $4. Tough to get rich that way.

$4 may not seem much but in E-distribution thats a bit. The same product to be marketed in a box would cost in excess of $20, but i agree the reurns are not the same as for Games.. but then development for movie park probably would not be too much.

Interestingly i have seen several copies of pirated movie park prog. files. The question i put to you is, what would members says if people used pirated movie park IF the original was not acailable to buy..!.. Interesting one that..!

shah

I am about to buy a GP32 soon, but probably not until after they´ve stopped selling it. This does not affect my desicion in a positive way.
I did look around and found a warez copy that I WILL use if it´s not available at the time of my GP32 purchase.

You cannot blame me for this.

Back