GP2X Mounting In Linux

in /etc/rc.conf i have HAL in "DEMONS" section.
this automatically starts DBUS.
user must be in groups HAL,DBUS and of course in group STORAGE eventually for auto cdrom mounting in OPTICAL.

gpasswd -a your_user_name HAL
gpasswd -a your_user_name DBUS
logout user and login back
now you plug gp2x into usb using cable and on gp2x select NAND or SDCARD to mount into desktop.

i hope this help a little.
tested in ARCHlinux [dont panic] and Ubuntu GG without any prob

Well I've always had dbus and HAL. I think my gp2x or computer is funky because I tried it with windows on my other partition and it didn't work either...

I didn't have to go through all that, when I plugged mine in /dev/sde was added (sda-sdd are my card reader).

I fnd it better to use USB networking - you get telnet, samba and ftp then.

Plug in you usb device, do *not* use the usb cable that came with it. Run dmesg, note the name of the device that just appeared and make sure you have a line to support it in /etc/fstab of something like
CODE

/dev/sdd1 /mnt/sd vfat user,noauto,rw 0 0

Well I tried 3 different cables, and every time this is what came out from dmesg:

553a554,557
> hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 6. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

DJ Amireh said:
Well I tried 3 different cables, and every time this is what came out from dmesg:

553a554,557
Sounds like it's timing out, the usb interface gives up after only 500ms or something too short like that, are you plugging it directly into the motherboard or a hub plugged into it? Looks like hub with a port of 6. If so try without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back