Mount Directory In Ntfs Partition Via Samba

Yod4z

i have some probleme mounting a directory in my gp2x via SAMBA from an NTFS partition. The GP2x can't support NTFS file system, right then i think it's impossible to it to mount some directory on NTFS partition.

hmm i was wondering about this to?
When you access a directory via Samba, the client (in this case the GP2X) only sees the Samba filesystem. It has no idea, and doesn't need to, which type filesystem the shared folder is on.

EDIT: I know it works for certain as I do it regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool so can u run apps over an smb share or is usb just not fast enough for that if so how do you do it?

thanks in advance beanfarmer

ps ive just started to learn bash scripting so you will have to speak slowly haha

cool so can u run apps over an smb share or is usb just not fast enough for that if so how do you do it?

thanks in advance beanfarmer

ps ive just started to learn bash scripting so you will have to speak slowly haha
Yes, it is fine for running things over. I have a script that I run from telnet to mount the directory:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall gp2xmenu
export PASSWD={windows admin password}
modprobe smbfs && smbmount //192.168.0.1/Shared /mnt/pc
cd /mnt/pc
Obviously /mnt/pc has to have been created with mkdir and you'll need to modify that script to suit your own needs.

thanks Orkie i'll try this later, but would there be a way to mount the share in the ext bit so for instence when u go Games >> Ext strage >>
your smb share is there?

hope this isnt to complex would be nice as im getting a laptop soon and it would be cool to show off what the gp2x can do with that

thanks Orkie i'll try this later, but would there be a way to mount the share in the ext bit so for instence when u go Games >> Ext strage >>
your smb share is there?

hope this isnt to complex would be nice as im getting a laptop soon and it would be cool to show off what the gp2x can do with that
Yes, just change modprobe smbfs && smbmount //192.168.0.1/Shared /mnt/pc to modprobe smbfs && smbmount //192.168.0.1/Shared /mnt/ext.

for me i use this:
#!/bin/sh
insmod smbfs.o
smbmount //Yod4z/Gp2x /mnt/ext -o username=login,password=pass
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

Yod4z is the name of my computer

There isn't a whole lot of difference in that situation. Modprobe loads the module and its dependencies (from the module directory if I remember correctly) and insmod just loads the single module, either from the modules directory or from the current one. Since smbfs has no dependencies, they essentially do the same thing.

Back