Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Go on then here is your Dreamcast +7

• Total voters

E

extremegamer

What game system that didn't/hasn't really wasn't that popular but had a lot of potential.

I put in Game Cube because it is under rated compared to XBOX and PS2

Virtual boy because I feel there could've been alot of good things for it.

I voted for gamecube, though I don't think it's potential has not been reached, it's just that most people don't bother looking into it because it doesn't make them instantly u1tr@ k00l!!!111111111

Off the top of my head, I would say the MSX range of computers had a lot of potential, and had some great games. Sadly it never sold that well in the UK.

Also the NeoGeo Pocket Colour was a great little handheld - Pity they stopped manufacturing it and the games. It could have beaten the GBA if a big company had released it...

you asked 2 different questions

the most underated console = Gamecube

It probly isnt the best next gen console, but people say its shit (like a lot of PS2 owners) but I know for a fact that nearly all the games they play on the PS2 are available for the GC, normally with tweaked gfx and f/r

console to not yet reach its full potential = GP32

It just is

where the hecks the dreamcast?

sega always wasn't afraid of tring something new and it didnt work out, again.
but it was innovation on an extreme level, modem, truly groundbreaking games, JSR, first cell shaded game ever, soul calibur, fucking rez man, and it imbraced snk! theres loads others and im not saying that because i can't think of any more but they're are.

My votes for Dreamcast.

P.S the GP32 is massively successful, it sold out all its original manifactured consoles.

C'mon guys it has to be the GP32. We have a console with huge amount of power and potential and literally a handfull of good games. The potential for superb quality games is there but we have no largescale developers just homebrew (no offense you blokes do a top job and make the GP well worth buying anywway :))

Has anyone still got that link to the abandoned projects site that we all drooled over a few months ago? It had some nice screenies. That site really illustrated my point about the GP32s potential.

Saturn for me, Every one used to slag it off, say it was shit and the PSX owned it. I still love my saturn.

It's hard to say what consoles are underrated when we're all gamers, and can appreciate what the mainstream don't always.

Think Saturn here. Nearly EVERYONE says it sucks, yet it's got some great games on there. I must pick one up again some day.

I've got to at least chip in a vote for the iQue. For the price (under $120 imported), it's an go-anywhere, plug-and-play N64 with Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, F-Zero, and others bundled in - the only drawback is the overpriced multitap, plus whatever import fees/taxes you may get hit with trying to slip one across the border. Plus there's that whole Chinese-language thing, though it's hardly an issue with most of the bundled games.

Back