Most Playable Games On Squidgesnes?

garteth

Website
Visit site
Just wondering which games run the fastest, are the most playable and useable at the moment?

All i've really tried is mario all stars, I don't think it was playable, but maybe I set the emulator up wrong :D

I have found Super Mario All-Stars to be very playable, personally.

Other games that I have found run well enough to be playable are Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man 7, and Rockman & Forte.

All of the above titles are prone to both slowdown and running too fast in places, but are generally quite playable until transparencies become key parts of levels at which point your view may be too obscured to continue.

I think it was running slow for me because I enabled the fps limiter, I turned it off and now it runs pretty fast.

Yeah, I don't think the FPS limiter works right. Every time I turn it on the game runs too slow. I have found you generally don't need it though because most games run at accurate speeds on frame skip 2 with sound on. The game that seems to run the fastest to me is Super Mario World, so for that I switch to frame skip 1 and it runs pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidgesnes doesnt work for me. Goes to a black screen displaying some text, then goes to the gp2x menu. I have the roms in the right place from the .cfg file, is there something else i need to do?

Edit: Problem solved

Squidgesnes doesnt work for me. Goes to a black screen displaying some text, then goes to the gp2x menu. I have the roms in the right place from the .cfg file, is there something else i need to do?

I think that is usually an issue of the program not finding the proper files in the skin directory. Try recopying that directory from your download zip and see if that helps.

I think that is usually an issue of the program not finding the proper files in the skin directory. Try recopying that directory from your download zip and see if that helps.
Worked, however contra 3 remains uber-slow or way to fast, or normal then extreme slowdown when explosions happen - which is often.

Worked, however contra 3 remains uber-slow or way to fast, or normal then extreme slowdown when explosions happen - which is often.

Haven't tried contra myself yet, but I think until squidge gets the FPS limiter feature straightened out, we just have to bite the bullet with game's speed jumping around. For instance when I play mario allstars, when on the SMB3 map the game runs way too fast, but then it slows back down to normal speeds on the actual levels, so I don't really mind. Just need to decide if you can live with it or not, or wait for another release.

With my gp2x o/c to 295Mhz, 90% of games run over full speed at fs0-1. But i see a problem with emulator. At frame skip 0 and vsync off i have tearing effect but smooth play. At frame skip 1 and vsync off, don't have tearing effect. Why?

Actually I thought the slowdown in Contra III was rather effective, like a slow-motion cut-scene. Although it did knacker the gameplay...

I had the same issue, when I unzipped the roms into the same directory everything worked.

I like Inspector gadget, Earth Worm Jim and Aliens, all need to be overclocked a little to about 240

uniracer seems to run pretty well... strange idea for a game, but great fun
turtles in time seems OK at a glance, but I've not played it much

bust a move is dog slow, even though it looks such a simple game - strange eh?

chrono trigger works good , if you overclock to about 266mhz, even with sound it works pretty good. I've come into some problems, some levels dont load right though and I can't see the levels but i dunno maybe thats how it is I haven't played before

Back