More Linux "fun"

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
SO..

I built myself another computer:

500gb seagate hdd
2gb 6400 (800mhz) ocz ram
512mb radeon x1900 xtx (only thing I kept)
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard
memorex dvd-rw drive
700 (!) wat power supply

..and..

I tried to install SuSe Linux 10.1

..but..

It boots up, I tell it install and then it says that there is no cd inserted (it's a dvd, but I don't think thats it, I am writing this on another computer I put Suse on with the same disk..)

..any ideas?

thanks

EDIT: it IS possible I didn't build the computer correctly.. I am no pro)

I had the same problem with my PC and the Ubuntu installer. It has something to do with you not having the CD drive labeled as Master or Slave. As newer PC's running Windows will allow the drive without a label, linux however needs to be told what is the master/slave, or it thinks none exists.

PSyMastR said:
I had the same problem with my PC and the Ubuntu installer. It has something to do with you not having the CD drive labeled as Master or Slave. As newer PC's running Windows will allow the drive without a label, linux however needs to be told what is the master/slave, or it thinks none exists.
so what do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat said:
PSyMastR said:
so what do I do?

set it with the jumpers, and make sure it's in the master slot of the IDE cable

DemonStar55 said:
purple_goat said:
PSyMastR said:
so what do I do?

primaryfb4.png?

that one (I just re-did the jumpers last night and I think that is the one it is connected to..)

purple_goat said:
DemonStar55 said:
purple_goat said:
PSyMastR said:
so what do I do?

primaryfb4.png?

that one (I just re-did the jumpers last night and I think that is the one it is connected to..)

it should be on the end of it

Back