More help with games/emu

wario-world

Still Fresh
Hi again,

Newbie here, I got my GP about 3 days ago and I got some stuff with it (emulators etc) but I have also downloaded a couple of emulators from online (PCEngine etc) and I was wondering where I can get the roms.
I already have loads of Roms that I use on my PC emulator (Hu-Go) but I don't know if you use them, or if there are special ones, or if you have to alter the existing ones somehow? sorry if I sound thick, I'm new to emulation.

Also with regards to DOOM, I understand you have to download something as well as the game to get it to work? I tried to download the xtra bit from this site but the link is down. What is it I need and how do I install it if I ever find it?

Sorry for the long post.

Martin

****"What is a Chelm anyway?"****

Right firstly u cant ask for roms on this board as they are illegal. Basically all roms are the same with a couple of exceptions so yes u can use the roms u use on ur pc on ur gamepark, you dont have to alter them.

With doom, if you read the readme then you will see what files you need to put into the game/doom directory. You need to have the actual game installed on your computer first and then go to the directory its installed in and copy the required files across.

For DOOM, you need to download a Doom-based WAD, which is basically a compression of maps, textures, and sprites. There should be the shareware version of Doom 1 available off this website, or you can just google for it.

Back