c64 & specy emu help

gary

hi all,

just got my GP!!! playing a ton of pc engine games - wow, this is the best handheld ever!

but i am having a little trouble getting any games to load on the c64 emu (frodo) or the specy emu (GPspeccy)

what file formats of c64 roms do i need? and do i use them in their bare form or should they be zipped like the PCengine ones?

for the speccy emu i think im correct in saying that it uses "SNA" format roms, should these be zipped or not - either way, i can not get any to load from their emu.

any roms go in their appropiatly named rom folder in the same directory as the emu on my smc card.

any help would be muh appreciated - i cant wait to playchuckie egg & ant attack again!

thanks in advance

Gary

Frodo uses .d64 or .t64 images, although .d64 are more compatible.
There are programs that convert these images around on the internet (e.g. http://sta.c64.org/sc.html)
Don't zip them.
Also remember that some games need some time decrunching (most cracked games), so sometimes you need to wait
30 seconds or so before anything happens after the RUN command.

If a game doesn't work always try the same game in FrodoPC.fxe. It's a bit slower but more compatible :)

thanks for the help - i'll give this a go tonight!

anyone got any answers on my speccy probs?

thanks all

bty - pce, r-type is STUNNING - espic on that huge GP screen (my pce TG has now been put to rest in its box)

For the speccie you just need a SNA dir under GPMM and stick any roms in there, not zipped, just in ther native .sna format

Just be prepared for major crackling sound :(

Bonks

hi "bonks"

i have tried this previously and didnt get any results.

anychance you could just confirm how you are loading them through the emu?
i know it sounds like a stupid question but i have tried everything else.

do all the games have bad sound?

thanks Gary

Back