More About That Phantom Thing

Hmmm....

Phantom has announced deals with chip manufacturer AMD

The receiver is a 2.5Ghz PC

AMD doesn't make a 2.5GhZ chip.

Mabye it's a 2500+, and there was a mistake (likely) or it's a new chip that hasn't come out yet (unlikely)

rcx21000 posted on May 16 2004 at 07:21 AM said:
Hmmm....

Phantom has announced deals with chip manufacturer AMD

The receiver is a 2.5Ghz PC

AMD doesn't make a 2.5GhZ chip.

Mabye it's a 2500+, and there was a mistake (likely) or it's a new chip that hasn't come out yet (unlikely)
Well, yeah, you gotta make it for all the non-ubers to understand.

Hey, everybody says this now, But in five years, this will be the platform for all game manufacturers to follow. People said that about the XBand, but now we have PSOnline and XBox Live. Eventually what the Phantom is doing now will be what Sony and MS do in five years. Somebody has to be the first and Infinium Labs had the vision. And why would anybody be worried about the technological state of the Phantom compared to PC technology. It's a high-end console machine. The PS and XBox don't compare to high-end PCs, yet people still play them five years after their release. Nobody whines about how they haven't been updated with new technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I think it is the opposite.. I cant imagine a casual gamer even giving a glance at it.. things like installing, connecting to the net and downloading huge files for hours doesnt look like casual gamer material...

yaustar posted on May 16 2004 at 07:04 PM said:
Actually, I think it is the opposite.. I cant imagine a casual gamer even giving a glance at it.. things like installing, connecting to the net and downloading huge files for hours doesnt look like casual gamer material...
Doesent look like many people's tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait. so you have to pay a subscription fee ON TOP of your broadband fee? thats crazy. and then you would have to spend like a 100 quid on a router

i remember when Sega had the Sega Channel through cable, could download games for a fee everymonth, boy that lasted long, this will probably be even shorter.

it looks like the next version of the chipped xbox
i will buy it unless its is a windows os and interface
that would really piss me off
i want it to be a console
it seems like it could have a huge homebrewn to me
and capable of running ports of dolphin cbx and whatever ps2 emulator is out now
i can't see why so many people hate it
it sounds like a dream come true for me

the only thing that makes me mad is the controller isn't wireless like they promissed

i just don't want it to be a windows computor you hook up to tv because i can already do that

Back