More 3Ds Specs.

hosant

1300 mAh battery
96MB of RAM

Engadget.

33cxchj.jpg

That's an odd amount of RAM. Usually I see memory totals in powers of two, but this would be a 64mb chip and a 32mb chip. (or three 32mb chips?)
It's also disgustingly glossy. That's going to fingerprint quite nicely.

Reo said:
That's an odd amount of RAM. Usually I see memory totals in powers of two, but this would be a 64mb chip and a 32mb chip. (or three 32mb chips?)
It's also disgustingly glossy. That's going to fingerprint quite nicely.

That does seem like an odd number, but it's not entirely unusual or uncommon. They probably will use multiple chips, as it would probably be cheaper than making a custom one. It would probably make more sense to use three 32MB chips, so they are all the same.
Fingerprint marks used to be one of my biggest peeves, but since getting an HP laptop and a black DS Lite, I've learned to ignore the ugly smudges. I have no idea why Nintendo is using such a glossy exterior. I liked the GBA SP's exterior a lot, and I think they should have made the 3DS' exterior like the GBA SP's. That top screen portion is just asking for scratches or smudges. Who knows? Maybe it won't scratch easily, and maybe it won't smudge too much.

My biggest problem with every clamshell Nintendo device is the hinge. I had a GBA SP and two DS Lites. The GBA's hinge faired well over years of regular use and was just a little loose. The hinge on my first DS Lite, however, wore out over approximately the same amount of time, and often would flop closed while using it. My second DS Lite is also showing signs of wear on the hinge. I hope that Nintendo built the 3DS with a much stronger hinge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back