GPD XD

The 64GB version only exists in red color, only the 32GB one is available in blue and black.
Blue is okay, but a bit too bright for my taste - the black one certainly looks better.

Are the pictures on the shop not sufficient for you to judge the colouring? The red colour looks nice to me; a little more metallic than I'd suggest for a Pyra colouring, but otherwise pretty much exactly the dark red colour I'd propose for the Pyra.

Colors in a picture aren't the same as in person.

Just looking for opinions from someone who has seen it in person;)

I like the blue color. It's very bright indeed and with it the gpd xd looks more like a toy, but that's exactly what it is to me - a toy. ;-)

On Aptoid there is only an obsolete version of Happy Chick. I suggest to download it from the official site.

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering the Blue GPD XD 32 GB version now.

Would like to know if the Blue version is old stock, meaning you have had it for X amount of time.

I have read on forums that the Blue color came first and those are to be avoided as they have numerous quality issues.

Whereas the Black version are usually sold out and get restocked more often, so they get fresh stock from GPD.

Thanks and please let me know.

Doug

He only recently started selling their stuff. I don't think he has had the blue ones sitting around for too long.

For anyone interested, GPD have just launched an Indfiegogo campaign for a special edition GPD XD with 128GB storage. They have priced it at $199

See here:

Oh, this is just great. They make black edition that has twice the storage of the red edition for the same price as the 32GB black edition.

So four times the storage for less money in the most favourite color.
Awesome.

That's exactly how to treat your distributors :(

Oh, this is just great. They make black edition that has twice the storage of the red edition for the same price as the 32GB black edition.

So four times the storage for less money in the most favourite color.
Awesome.

That's exactly how to treat your distributors :(

I guess this means you have to drastically lower the price and won't get any profit from the ones you have in stock? :/

I've heard about stuff like this resulting in distributors having to sell their stuff for less than they actually paid.

Right now, I won't lower it.
I'll talk to them though, without a huge discount, I guess I cannot buy any more of their devices right now.

Those crazy Chinese! xD
Not sure why GPD is doing all these Crowdfunding stuff that intense, they obviously don't need it. But they do it anyways with full force, fascinating.

I would not call it "crowdfunding" when done that way. They are just outsourcing international sales and marketing department.
This now old trend of big companies and studios doing was always pathetic imho, but it seems to work out for them.

I have no problem with it personally, and actually like the extra sense of security in preordering products through crowd sourced avenues.

Might not be in the true spirit of Kickstarter like projects, and more to the tune of massdrop, but whatever.

I agree ED.

What suprises me the most is that tiu have to wait 3+ more months to receive the unit.

All there are doing is putting in a new RAM chip. Shouldnt take that long.

I have no problem with it personally, and actually like the extra sense of security in preordering products through crowd sourced avenues.

Might not be in the true spirit of Kickstarter like projects, and more to the tune of massdrop, but whatever.
Not sure how crowd funding brings extra secuirity- gpd have been releasing stuff reliably for a long time it seems- no reason to think they would do otherwise without crowdfunding.
It does smack of not giving a shite to release an upgraded model of that other gpd thingie and screw distributors and fans alike. I don't think Iv'e ever heard so much talk about gpd devices since recent times on here.
The gpd win could be a nice unit when finished but we have yet to see a prototype I believe. It might be hard to estimate a release date at this point. When we can see full prototypes of gpd win and pyra then that will ahem "kickstart" a debate.

Back