Moderators On "our New Machine"

Stealth Bagel said:
To the la li what the hell? :huh:
The patriots from MGS2. Basically all-encompassing controllers who can see everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote myself! HAH!

No, I think someone who is really not biased and a very open minded democrat would fit the job: someone like DaveC!

Someone who sells gp2x'es or makes emulators doesn't automatically make a good moderator, in fact that's not a logical relationship at all..... and it would honestly bother me if gp2x retailers had full moderation control so theoretically if someone says they are dissatisfied with their company's service or the gp2x in general they can edit the post, remove it, or take other actions against the user. It's just a very bad idea.

xnopasaranx said:
I vote myself! HAH!

No, I think someone who is really not biased and a very open minded democrat would fit the job: someone like DaveC!
DaveC never struck me as too open minded..... especially if you talk about dpads or screens....

I don't think we need another mod, I just think that thread needs closing. But if we are putting mods forward.. I VOTE SAM!

Javacat said:
I don't think we need another mod, I just think that thread needs closing. But if we are putting mods forward.. I VOTE SAM!
I also vote sam.

I wonder when that crack wears off.

I vote for... actually, I don't know who I would vote for. I know I wouldn't be able to vote for myself so that rules out one option. Hmmm... It's like voting in an election: you really need to see what differences will be made if someone comes to power and weigh up the pros and cons before you can vote for someone. So I vote for no one at this moment in time. Not that it will go anywhere, anyway, probably.

sensible GP32 said:
Javacat said:
I also vote sam.

I wonder when that crack wears off.

that must be some strong stuff! :p

I wouldn't reject being a mod if someone nominated me, but I shouldn't be the only one as I don't go into topics I'm not interested in, so those topics/threads wouldn't be moderated by me. (Think: Dev & General board member first, mod second).

Nah, Squidge is such a loser. He can't even write a full speed PC Engine emulator...

Someone who sells gp2x'es or makes emulators doesn't automatically make a good moderator, in fact that's not a logical relationship at all..... and it would honestly bother me if gp2x retailers had full moderation control so theoretically if someone says they are dissatisfied with their company's service or the gp2x in general they can edit the post, remove it, or take other actions against the user. It's just a very bad idea.

I may be wrong, but isn't EvilDragon a mod? And he is in fact one of the biggest distributors. ;)

Digitalrat said:
I may be wrong, but isn't EvilDragon a mod? And he is in fact one of the biggest distributors. ;)

Yes I'm fairly certain that he is and I think craigix is too, but I've never seen him moderate anything...... it's really a conflict of interest as far as the consumer is concerned. That person has the ability to suppress anything they find might have a negative impact on their sales..... but I haven't seen that happen just yet. But the moderation team on this forum is pretty screwed up right now in general, look at the mess that little thread about mp3's caused and the subsequent locking frenzy by a certain mod who declared she doesn't even want to be a mod ... which she followed up by locking more threads with no explanation except "Ended." Ridiculous......

Hell, better no moderators than poor moderator choices and mods who don't care.

Digitalrat said:
ED was around the GP32X scene moderating and posting news far before he started distributing, and has shown himself to be unbiased and impartial in these affairs, so I don't see the problem. As for Craigix, I doubt he has the time to be a mod :)

Well, yeah, that's probably because I'm not really the kind of distributor a normal distributor is... all I wanted is to have the gp2x easily available in Germany :D

But I'd never edit or change any post if there is some problem with any distributor (even if it is myself...)
If there's a problem, it should be solved, not edited. Editing doesn't help anybody... people who saw the original post and than the edited one will start flaming, etc.

I would vote for Squidge, but he never knows when to use 'their' and 'there'.

So that rules him out!

Argh, yet again my e-mail fails to remind me of replies. <_<

I didn't think the forums were without mods, but that the moderators were "sleeping", if you get what I mean. :)

Back