Moderators On "our New Machine"

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
The thread "Our New Machine" is getting scary. No one is nice to the other unless they can crack a good joke. If they bring up a negative point, someone takes it in a "mad" tone, and writes a post equally "mad". The result is a flamewar that incorporates both the newcomers and experienced. And I haven't seen a mod bring his/her foot down on this yet.

Then again, maybe it's just me. Maybe the rest of the forums are like this. Maybe this community is especially volatile, but that's OK. If so, I'll just step to the sidelines to avoid being crushed in a (US) football-like game of tackle-the-newbie. :p

I hope a mod won't take this very post as yet another "mad" post, but more as a calm, humble heads-up to the faculty that manage this place. Thanks for reading, in that case. :)

I've been thinking the same recently. It's worse than the slipzone ever was :ph34r:

Faraz Parsa said:
Ugh, personally I think that "new machine" isn't going to get anywhere.
Die infidel!!! ...... ummmmmm, I think you are wrong ;). It was Craig that made both the GP32 and GP2x "go places" when he was barely in control of what was happening. Think what he can do with total control over everything! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant wait for the new console to come out but i think the thread is rather pointless and the fact its become a slinging match makes it even more pointless, there should be a thread only the mods can touch to post facts and news about the up coming console.

There should just be a distinct forum, I mean XGP had one and it never even existed in any purchaseable form. Then there can be different topics for different aspects of the unit, hardware/software, controls, screen, chipset, whatever. And official stickied LOCKED topics for news from people associated with the project. The current 200 page thread is approaching unreadable.

Stealth Bagel said:
There should just be a distinct forum, I mean XGP had one and it never even existed in any purchaseable form.
...But that was when there were confirmed specs, pictures, prototypes and an actual name. Neither of which could be said about "the new handheld"™.

I certainly think that there should be more mods on these boards, two or three more can't hurt, especially since most of the original mods don't seem to be around as much any more...

well there is 8 mods 2 of which don't come on anymore so replace those two with two people that are on alot is none biased and trustworthy :unsure:

A lot of times more mods means more differing views on what's OK and what's not, means more problems. What the 'new handheld' needs is more than 1 thread, for different aspects of discussion, so when people turn it into a flamewar or go wildly offtopic for 10 pages talking about banana cream pie, the topic can be locked and fall to the wayside in favor of useful topics...... hence a discrete forum. Maybe when it has a name that can become a reality.... having this huge topic dominating General Gp2X discussion with no rhyme or reason in it is just mismanagement really.

If there was to be a picking of new mods, I say it should go to a vote and everyone who thinks that they would be good as a mod can be entered as a candidate. This way it would seem fair. But then it's not for me to decide (unless I was a mod :p) But seriously, what I have suggested would be a good way to do it.

Alex. said:
I nominate Nova and nickspoon :)
Nova is a biased SoB. I wouldn't recommend him any more than I recommend myself. Nick could be good. Definitely not Goity. You could be a good one yourself ;)

I think we should leave mod choices to the la li lou lei lo.

However, I would make an impeccable mod.

Back