Mocha-GP32

Tobriand

Website
Visit site
Well here's my first mad "disaster" - I somehow (don't ask how, its too stupid) managed to spill mocha on my GP32... thankfully, it hasn't affected the electronic workings of the thing itself (i.e. it runs fine), but my A/B buttons are now very very sticky. It takes as long as 7 seconds for the A button to come back up when I pressed it. So my solution was simple - take the mahine to pieces and clean it out.

Unfortuantely (there's always one isn't there?) the screws holding my mobo (if it can be called such) in, and my grey plastic gaurd on are either done so tightly that a pneumatic screwdriver couldn't undo them (believe me, I tried), or are glued in. So I can't get at my A/B buttons to clean.

Anyone got any tips for either getting the screws out or cleaning the buttons without needing to take the mobo out in the first place? I'm kind of tempted to just try yanking the things out as per the joystick, but if that doesn't work then it'll be substnatially mroe broken than it is - as opposed to being just a bit sticky.

Any tips would be greatfully appreciated. Deriding comments will be ignored, so feel free to make lots of them!

Hmm... you could ask that guy who set up the homepage where he completely disassembled his GP.
Don't know if he's got a contact adress on his page though.

You could just spray the whole thing down with parts cleaner. Just be careful which kind you buy and make sure it's safe for plastics. Some electronics parts cleaner will disolve certain types of plastic :eek:

In fact, alcohol should work as well, and can't really harm anything. Try to get the highest % stuff you can. The stuff you buy at pharmacies is usually only like 60%, and that's probably too much water to be totally safe.

Ok, I'll look into those - thanks! Only thing slightly concerned about is whwever I use ending up dissolving some circuit or another/rusting the contacts so the buttons don't work. Oh well - I'll put my trust in messages on the side of whatever I use saying they're safe for circuit cleaning!

Back